Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

Last Updated: 2015-05-27 19:33:38
  1. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

No problem ;)

I went through that a few months ago. Got cornered by two girls yelling at me wanting to know why I named them by name to the supervisor about them taking so many breaks during work. I I looked at them and said I don't even go up to the front office unless they call me as I keep to myself. I I then told them furthermore how could I name you by name when I don't know your names.

So I feel your frustration.

Advertisement
    Rico ANDROID likes this.
  2. netlinkz

netlinkz Well-Known Member

Yea you know what grinds my geas? Picky People!! Ugh they could never be satisfied or make up their mindsssssszzzzzzzz... And that's what grinds my geas......
  3. karandpr

karandpr Well-Known Member

A google group admin .
    Basically ,the CM porter of my phone has created a google group for the entire phone .
    Since he cant maintain a group himself he passed on the admin/mod rights to another guy .
    The guy basically has deep hate for me for some reasons since my builds are shitty for some reasons.Fair enough .(The first builds werent good but they were decent )
    So he has made it clear that the group will only support stock roms and cm . Mine has a thread on page three somewhere down where they can post doubts .

He has three rules about english in six rules (Ironically spelling mistakes in his rules ),fourth rule for ETA( legitimate ),fifth for off topic restrictions (legitimate) ,sixth rule claiming rules I feel are good apply (Wow) .

new users rarely navigate to page three .
    So if even the user mentions my rom ,he gets a warning .
    If he mentions overclock ,he gets a warning ,
    If he types ur instead of your ,he gets a warning
    Bad grammer ,he gets a warning
    Say "I am a noob ,please guide me " ,gets a warning .
    Today it was ridiculous .the user asked how to flash stock gingerbread .Just because he mentioned he was using my rom on froyo he was banned .
    I withdrew from the discussion last week .
    Though I used to support questions and troubleshooting regarding CM and CWM ,I pulled out last week directing users to group
    The dev is a decent chap who comments on the blog about his releases and also notifies in other forums about our releases .
    The mod is just a troll with too much power IMO .

Damn long rant . :D
  4. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

Karandpr, if you happen to link that to say, someone similar to me with time on their hands, maybe they're could be a bit of fun to be had ;)

Hypothetically of course...

And how could he not like karandpr, with all the cute avatars (the polar bear was my favorite). What a jerk.
  5. karandpr

karandpr Well-Known Member

Hhaha . That will be as fun as trolling story game. You can check my blog ,and hypothetically find the link Somewhere .but its a moderated threadd and in the end ,the new users will face the brunt.
    I can live without clockwworkmod(backup and. Restore via busybox.dd and tar ftw) or. Cyanogenmod.but people require names like cyanogen and clockwork to feel that they are using custom rom ..you will just end up pissing a good dev. The troll will be unaffected.
    End loser will be users.
  6. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

People from Baaaastan. Need I say more?
    jayjay1122, Rico ANDROID and Orion like this.
  7. Mada

Mada Well-Known Member

People passing along really stupid chain messages that are "warnings" on facebook. Here's one thats going around right now and is pissing me off beyond I can handle to see it over and over.

Rico ANDROID and NYCHitman1 like this.
  8. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

^ I heard that a lot of CP was going around on the books. As I have only a handful of pals online, I'm unaffected. And noscript prevents any of that nonsense.

And I don't know if I'd call it 'hacking' if someone just clicks anything without knowing what it is to...

But yeah, I hate those kinda messages too. Even ones for good causes like cancer support, I just don't buy into all that chain mail crap. Like in the old lamespace days the bulletin thing, "If you don't post this a car crash victim will kill you in your sleep".

Eh. People right?!

EDIT: By the by, really diggin the gastly avatar.
  9. melissapugs

melissapugs Well-Known Member

I will say that once my post count topped 300 over there, people were a lot more helpful. But yes, Sadie Lynn pegged the holier than thou for a good amount of folk. What is worse are the drama queens who start fights in the middle of popular threads - I want to see MIUI setups, not read 9 pages in a row of bickering about why its okay to steal people's work :eek: , much less do you have to give them credit when you mod it and redistribute :eek: I counted 75% of the posts for PAGES as name calling and grammar policing. People need to check their moral compasses...and while thy're at it, check their attitudes.
    Oh, and while we're on the subject - MIUI subsidiaries and international forums talking my work and posting it without cred. Not cool, and I don't speak German, so how am I supposed to tell them to not post my work on the pretense that its someone else's? And wtf MIUI Slovenia, why would you take my shit and upload it to your server instead of just posting a link to my site? What kind of jackassery seems to follow MIUI users the world over that I'm apparently immune to?

Okay. Much better. Back to work :)

and Sadie Lynn, do come through the home screen thread on XDA some time, some of us regulars are really awesome ;)
  10. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Haha you're so right.
  11. Rico ANDROID

Rico ANDROID Well-Known Member

HEy! I rep-resent that remaaahk!:eek:
  12. dr01d3tte

dr01d3tte Well-Known Member

...women on topic forums with overtly suggestive avatars who contribute little to actual thread topics other than blatant flirting with any/all???

Sorry for the snark. Just needed to vent.

Not that I always contribute anything meaningful :p guess I'm just sensitive to the whole being taken seriously thing since I'm a chick in a male dominated industry.
  13. Rico ANDROID

How about when someone constantly call you somebody else's name? For some reason this one friend sincerely keeps calling me "Ritchie" Who the hayale is "ritchie?"
  14. Mada

Mada Well-Known Member

When you make a post and/or thread and then totally forget about it and never come across it again.
    Rico ANDROID likes this.
  15. Rico ANDROID

...i HATE it when that happens...
    (..mada i have fallen in purple love over that animated purple monster avatar.. reminds me of those purple grape bubblegum balls we used to buy in a penny-candy store)
  16. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

You know who you are! You grind my gears
  17. Rico ANDROID

I hate when i dont grind someones' gears ....like this?
    [​IMG]
  18. coolbreese

coolbreese New Member

i hate the fact ive been trying to get a deamonoid invite code for ages and i still cant
  19. coolbreese

coolbreese New Member

please help deamonoid invite code needed,with the utmost faith in human nature i know you guys will pull through for me ,before i eat my own hair....
  20. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

People who believe that they know more about the real estate market than a real estate agent.
  21. lilmenace91

lilmenace91 Member

i admit. it really grinds my gears when people made new threads asking stupid shit BUT WHAT I HATE EVEN MORE is when EVERYONE GANGS up on the OP and jus talks mad shit that dsnt help the question being asking the post or do anything to help the sit.

i admit i hate too. i dont post rude shit in response. 'jus saying...
    tas the typa shit tht grinds my gears.. OOH and i hate it when ppl ask me to b formal.. its the fking internet world... if iwanted to b formal id b sittin in my english expository writing class. &*@*(#(#&3^#&^738729. kay dun =D
  22. Rico ANDROID

Hmmmm, all I got to say is...[Hide]
    [​IMG][/Hide]
  23. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

Can I have a translation as I don't get your hip new lingo there son. :confused:
  24. ThatonedudexP

ThatonedudexP Well-Known Member

I'm the type of person that doesn't get annoyed by much. This quote doesn't have to be aimed at me, just overhearing it annoys me. I can't stand it when someone is like "My $600 phone (no contract) can do that so much better than your $150 Prevail." Well no der, Sherlock. >_> Lol, I'm wierd like that. :p
  25. Rico ANDROID

What grinds my gear is when I am not logged on in time to welcome some to AF on their first post... Hey welcome to af ThatOneadude!