• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

LOL... I've always wondered at the development of that toilet seat norm... Why do chicks think we like picking it up and putting it back down again any more than they would like to put it down and pick it back up?

I mean seriously, at least they should acknowledge that we're being GD gentlemanly about it, and be a little gracious... Instead I get yelled at if I forget, like it's some kind of Sacred Genetic Duty I have as a man... WTF is that about?? :D

Reactions: GalaxyNexus
Upvote 0
LOL... I've always wondered at the development of that toilet seat norm... Why do chicks think we like picking it up and putting it back down again any more than they would like to put it down and pick it back up?

I mean seriously, at least they should acknowledge that we're being GD gentlemanly about it, and be a little gracious... Instead I get yelled at if I forget, like it's some kind of Sacred Genetic Duty I have as a man... WTF is that about?? :D

I only get mad about it if I get up in the middle of the night and end up sitting on cold porcelain. Otherwise its just not worth getting overly upset about. IMO anyway.

Upvote 0
I only get mad about it if I get up in the middle of the night and end up sitting on cold porcelain. Otherwise its just not worth getting overly upset about. IMO anyway.

LMAO... That's pretty much verbatim what my wife said...

My response was something along the lines of "How is your failure to execute a proper seat check before splashdown *my* fault?"

It turns out my response was... "Not helpful in advancing the conversation." :p

Upvote 0
My boss adamantly insisting that we do things the hard way. He is INSISTING that four guys share three company vehicles instead of just having three of them using them and the fourth use her own car. Consequently I either waste time unloading and re-loading all my crap into the van every single time I arrive or leave the office or I end up at a client site with someone one else's gear. Or they leave with my gear. And then I have to chase them around town to get my gear back before I can actually do any work. But sharing vehicles makes more sense. I've pointed this out, but logic does not work at all in this situation.

Upvote 0
Since I sew, I can copy all those for just some time and fabric. I sew because I don't want the brand name designer crap. I can find and use retro patterns or design my own. (There is pattern drafting software) I'm only copying for my own use and not selling the product.

I have been offered money to make garments. (I won't) I have one really redesigned pattern from the 1880s. I have a pix in a geology book of John Wesley Powell and a Paiute Indian wearing the same shirt!

This! I love taking an historical pattern and using for everyday wear. Sometimes I'll keep the same lines and structure, but make it in a totally non-period fabric, and sometimes I'll go historically accurate so I can play "time traveler" with it too.

Upvote 0
Good for you. Into Gothic? or just a certain era?
I love it all! Gothic is awesome, but not practical for my everyday life in the kindergarten, so I do more mid-Victorian. All those jackets!

Now to get back on topic: You know what really grinds my gears? Terrible parents who keep having more kids. Seriously, you call the one you already have all sorts of terrible names, and tell them they ruined your life, and then you have another one! JFC! :mad:

Upvote 0
Parents who make their children feel like crap when the child is not living up to their expectations. Just saw it for the first time at my daughters figure skating. Very sad.

That's just wrong. These are kids, they should be participating in these activities because they are fun. They should not have to worry about disappointing their parents.

Reactions: andruoid
Upvote 0
I've seen parents actually strike their kids if the kid didn't win. I always praised my daughter for even getting out and competing. Never cared if she came in first or last, it was the effort.
I'm not sure who is worse, figure skating moms or hockey moms. I worked at the skating rink for a while and had to deal with both.

That just pisses me off. Some people should just not be allowed to have kids. These extra curricular activities should be fun for our kids. They should boost self esteem and teach them how to loose gracefully, because we can't win all the time. Instead, we have parents who are living vicariously their children, and making said kids feel bad about themselves.

Reactions: NYCHitman1
Upvote 0
That just pisses me off. Some people should just not be allowed to have kids. These extra curricular activities should be fun for our kids. They should boost self esteem and teach them how to loose gracefully, because we can't win all the time. Instead, we have parents who are living vicariously their children, and making said kids feel bad about themselves.
This.

People need to try to be better humans. These parents are probably (and unfortunately) screwing up their kids. Those kids could be seeing this and thinking it is normal, acceptable behavior... sad.:(

Reactions: NYCHitman1
Upvote 0
there is nothing worse for me than animal crulty and to see animals in a bad condition of health.

I guess i love animals....exept insects though i hate it when people put salt on snails.

Oh.....and i absolutly hate mosquitos.....HHHHHHAAAAAATTTTTTEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then there is flys.

But the worst is definitely animal crulty....in sa you see dogs that are skelatons that are only hours from death because the owner cant afford or bother to feed it !

Also you see in traditions like the zulu tradition where they slaghter the animal....you know what....shoot it in the head and then slaghter it, atleast it wont feel pain !

Why do people even think of branding horses....brand themselves first !!!!!!

Then you go to a sea food restaurant and see the lobsters....they wait to get eaten and even get so hungry they turn canable and eat each other !

Where is the decency in mankind these days!...... WHERE?!!!!!!!!!....... I tell you where!!!!!

Then theres the worst part of crulty.....ow.....just the thought of people hurting animals for the pleasure of it.....ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Wheres my tazor ?!!!!!!!!!......lets see how they like it ?!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones