1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

1. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

I was once offered a different position which could have lead to more potential growth, but they wanted to cut my salary by 10K, which was ridiculous. Obviously, I didn't take the job. I actually went on the final interview out of courtesy and informed the HR person that they were out of their damn mind thinking that ANYONE would accept such shitty terms. Their benefits were awful too.
  2. catchemall

catchemall New Member

Worse than any virus you have ever seen. T-Mobile puts it on their Samsung Exhibit II. When you activate it, it slows your phone to a crawl. Worse yet you can't remove it. Ispent several hours on the net with a LOOKOUT tech type; finally got it partially inactivated, the icon is still on the phone.

The phone seems to be working but it still does squirrly things, numbers popping up in black windows when you scroll the screen; and stuff like that, I am ready to throw it away.

BEWARNED: do not activate this app.
  3. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Lv 60 Bounty Hunter Moderator

Beauty Pageant Moms.... (daughter watches tiaras/toddlers or whatever it is called)
    jayjay1122 and Frisco like this.
  4. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

They still haven't solved who killed Jon-Benet Ramsey. Been over 10 years.

These moms also go in for cosmetic surgery for toddler to get the edge.

Never tried to live my life vicariously through daughter. She skated and danced - I took my own lessons and had fun with the adults. Also wound up teaching Learn to Skate.
  5. zuben el genub

6. Satires

Satires Well-Known Member

I can't rant here (Cries in the night)... Terms of service states no vulgar language. I am the king of rants though! Mostly for humor ;) lol
  7. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

Why bother reviewing an app you have no use for? I see this in a lot of games where users don't like the genre of the game.

I'll use tower defense games as an example as I know they are hugely popular. I myself do not like them (please read my entire post before you grab torches and pitchforks ;)) and I have tried several to see if one would stick with me, but they don't. So I don't write reviews for them.

I have no reason to write a review about an app saying the game play is crappy if I don't like the style of game. This just spams the reviews and clouds the relevant ones.

Also, what are you adding to the conversation or the value of the reviews it you simply write "Just another tower defense game."

I know I used tower defense games as an example, but you often see this with any app in the Market, or the Amazon App Store, and it bugs me.
    jayjay1122 and Rico ANDROID like this.
  8. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Well-Known Member

For the same reason people hammer Apple without ever having touched an iDevice. The rants keep people feeling like they are an important part of the Internet.
  9. Rico ANDROID

Rico ANDROID Well-Known Member

...well, I have had one of "those" devices...practically forced down me throat as the best phone ever created...got rid of it within a year.. I didnt like the carrier's forgetting about the rest of their cistomers to cater to the other product..hayle, the bad experience almost made me swear off grandma's "famous apple pie" (whew I said the "patented" word)

But ive learned, to each their own...
  10. prophet of doom

prophet of doom Well-Known Member

When I first switched to android I had a Droid x. Never did I see a bunch of complaining people in that section like I do in the att sgII. So I came to set some things straight.

1 it's not a DROID. Yes your phone runs android that doesn't make it a Droid
    2 if you are sorry you left your totally awesome phone to end all phones iPhone. Please feel free to go buy one.
    3 if you go through phones like people change underwear and claim the phone is a piece of junk, chances are you are doing something wrong.

That's the end of my rant for now. Thanks and drive safe.
    Unforgiven and werds like this.
  11. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

12. zuben el genub

I'm not hammering Apple over any Idevice - I'm usually complaining about Quicktime. The device is your choice.
  13. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

The damn post office. They grind my gears. They deliver stuff here Monday to Friday and yet can't seem to get anything other than flat packages to us. I have been waiting since last week to get my new body jewelry but those idiots have had it for 4 days. I can see its been in my town and then sent back - their reasoning - undeliverable. I call BULL and I will not stick up for them anymore. They are horrible.
  14. Tattycakes

Tattycakes Well-Known Member Contributor

I absolutely cannot stand people who mix up "your" and "you're", and "there", "their" and "they're". It drives me to distraction. People who say "could of" instead of "could have" are also on my list of people to shoot. Simple spelling and grammar seem to have gone out of the window with the technology age which makes no sense, as we're communicating by written word in preference to spoken word more than ever!
  15. Unforgiven

Android vs. iPhone bash wars. Too many people on both side of the argument have never picked up the device they try to bash. They label all users of the device they don't like as Fanboys, iSheep, sheeple, blah, blah, blah. An I'm not taking sides with this rant. There are these nitwits on both sides.

If you have never used your rival's device, find out about the features of their device that make it attractive to them and do one of three things:
    1. Show how that functionality is possible on your device
    2. Show how similar functionality is available that accomplishes the same goal
    3. Concede that your rival's platform may have a superior feature because thats what competition is. And never degrade a feature as useless to try to win an argument (but that is a whole other rant:mad:)

By doing this you may, you know, learn something.:) Make sure you are adding to the conversation, not making noise.
    cammykool, batgeek, BabyBlues and 2 others like this.
  16. NightHawk877

NightHawk877 Well-Known Member

Drunk drivers. Nuff said. One killed an uncle of mine who gave me his HD2 on my birthday. This happened yesterday.
  17. Bob Maxey

You're point is well taken. These people your are speaking of, well, their in need of proper skhooling. You re correct. I also hate not right speeling and in-correct hyphen use. Not, to mention, they often, misplace; a semi comma. They're need to read some grammer books.

What always get me is this who and whome. I did invent a new contracted word, "whome're" to help but it has not kaught on. Frigging grammer coppers . . . who the ellipsis do they think their are?
    9to5cynic likes this.
  18. Bob Maxey

Creamed corn and cauliflower really grind my gears. Damn racist foodstuff. I thought we had gotten past it all. Burn in hell, cauliflower and take that creamed corn in cans with you!

And Japanese bikes that wanna be a Harley-Davidson. Create your own style and leave America alone, shakes hands. and kids, keep the heck off my lawn, shakes hands violently.

And damm you Harley-Davidson . . . dag nabbit, bring back the 45-CI Flathead. And Indian--the new
    Indian-- stop pretending to be an American classic. You are not and never will be an Indian.

Kids . . . you tick me off so just shut up and read a book. We do not care what the flock you are doing so tweet this. (finger gesture) Go read a book. Try doing your chores just one dammed time, too.
  19. Unforgiven

Man, I wanted to click thanks, but I had to say I'm sorry. My thoughts are with you and your family.
  20. harmless_abuse

harmless_abuse Well-Known Member

Adding to that, it really bothers me when people say "I could care less" as opposed to "I couldn't care less". The former makes no sense when used most often by people. It's one of those phrases that people have heard others use and thus utilize it without even thinking about what they are saying.

Another example is the misuse of the word 'ironic'.
  21. Bob Maxey

Irregardless, they do.
  22. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

The IRS is a crock of shit bunch of thieves lol
  23. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

^ I resent that, I play a thief on Elder Scrolls --- not nearly as bad as the IRS. :p