1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

Last Updated:

1. PaulMcCartney

PaulMcCartney Well-Known Member

When people call their device by name when it's an Apple product.

"Did you call him on your iPhone?"

"I have that app on my iPhone too!"

"I have that song on my iPod!"

Advertisement
  2. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

Fanboys.
  3. KrisP

KrisP Member

Reality shows- They are causing the demise of good shows, i.e. My Name Is Earl, The Unit, Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles...etc.
    Twilight- Glittery vampires? I know that vampires have always had a weird sex appeal about them, but the series is turning them into Remo's (******ed homos)
    North Dakota- Snow in May? 9 months of weather that range from negatives to barely 70.
    South Park- Love the show, but the seasons are getting shorter. I won't be surprised if next seasons premiere is also the finale.
    The Kardashians- I hate celeb gossip unless it's poignant, but this family tops it.
    Gyms- I love to work out, and fortunately my job has it's own gym type room that I can use three days a week, but when I do go to the gym it's unpleasant. Not enough equipment, loud body builders who are "better" than everyone else, that one guy who hogs the machine you need to use forever.... you catch my drift.
    Car dealerships- I'm only 22 and my credit is in the middle. I didn't start establishing credit until 2 years ago, but car dealerships are only willing to help those with a lot of money and great credit. I'm in the military, so if I don't pay I get in trouble, so take the chance on me already.
    And finally, LOL- I can tolerate when people type it sometimes, but I don't always need to know somethings so funny you laughed out loud. And when people actually say it instead of laughing, it makes you seem pompous. Kind of like those people who had flip phones when they were novel and snapped them shut really loud just so you would take notice.

Well, that feels better.
  4. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Forum members (not just this forum) who post misinformation and/or opinion and present it as "fact".
  5. adi19956

adi19956 Well-Known Member

People who complain all the time.
    I'm not being hypocritical. This is but once :D
    But seriously don't you think they should shut up occasionally?
  6. spinns114

spinns114 Member

People who use the term "near infinite."
  7. Cajun83

Cajun83 Well-Known Member

That guy that practices his golf swing with his invisible club while your talking to him...
  8. Cajun83

Cajun83 Well-Known Member

lol I feel you on that one. Most people don't realize that you CAN
    swipe your card and enter your pin before the girl is finished ringing you up. Also, you don't have to wait for the total to break out your ink pen to write a check... while I'm on the subject of checks... I hope you slip and papercut your jugular... Standing in line at the grocery store is not the place to use a check. If you aren't paying a bill through snail mail... use your bank card.
  9. glow worm

glow worm Well-Known Member

my stupid health is destroying my life.

oh and i miss her so much.
  10. ballisticn8

ballisticn8 Well-Known Member

didnt read through the entire thread but stupid drivers. and slow drivers. esp slow drivers in the very far left lane. dont go 5 under the speed limit, move the %*(! outta the way. Pissed that lane splitting wasnt approved here, oh well, its only illegal if you get caught, and its not considered running from the police if you dont make eye contact. :)

kidding of course... <---disclaimer
  11. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

people who complain all the time about crap that they can change but are too lazy to do it. Example - if you hate your job then send out resumes rather than tell me that you hate your job and the people you work with.
  12. Jhon hurry

Jhon hurry Member

What really chaps my hide is when people take stupid questions seriously.
  13. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

Steve Jobs.. need I say more?
  14. jank8431

jank8431 Member

15. Nickc001

Nickc001 Well-Known Member

When im playing on my Desire, and some douche with an iPhone asks if its the new iShit. Because anything thats not an iPhone these days is an iShit apparently.....
  16. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Do you ask them if their calls are randomly dropped and the screen yellowing on their 'oh so wonderful' phone?

I agree - I have no problem if someone has the iPhone, until they act like an asshat.
  17. punk_beatz

punk_beatz Member

18. mkhussey94

mkhussey94 Member

19. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

I get annoyed when people ask stupid questions...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  20. thepspgamer

thepspgamer Member

the one thing that really drives me nuts, is when people you know rant on about your taste in music, if i like listening to it and you dont...DONT F'ING LISTEN TO IT THEN! GOD!.. I listen to it cause i like it

rant over...
  21. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Attached Files:

twospirits likes this.
  22. papichulo69r

papichulo69r Well-Known Member

Are you my Doppelg
  23. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

What really grinds me is threads that are about and title "What really grinds your gears" :p

I kid I kid.

Funny how I never seen this thread. Couldn't come at a better time today.

These are the top 10 things that grinds my gears...
    1-Bluetooth/Headsets wearers
    People who are having one hell of a loud conversation to another person with their headset walking down the street or an elevator. First they look crazy and second, I don't want to hear about what you did to the women last night or what size shoes you want.

2-Work
    Working for the City of New York. It pisses me off that you really can't take a day off cause no one does your work. You come back and the work is still there. Yet when they go on vacation, you take up the slack.

3-Android Forums
    It pisses me off that this place is so friendly and addictive that I see myself on it all day from my laptop next to my work PC and trying everything in the book to make it look like I am doing work when I'm actually working on AF.

4-School Buses
    This might piss off some, but in NYC, there is no freaking need for school buses. Take mass transit. There are more school buses than buses, stopping at every other corner picking up kids (who are never freaking ready) tying up traffic for blocks. In my day, we walked to school or the parents drove us.

5-Taxicabs
    Really, seriously, in any Metropolitan city especially NYC. They complain about traffic but if you ever drive in Manhattan, you can actually count more than 7-10 yellow cabs in any block. Take the train/bus damnit. These same cabs are no where to be found outside of Manhattan except the airports. WTF?

6-My Workplace IT dept.
    What a bunch of numbnuts. Still working on ancient Windows XP, they rather you spend thousands on a new PC instead of saving money installing more memory. Working on Office 2003 when all my VBA apps/financial reports need 2007. People come to me to help them with their PC/App problems instead. Not that I mind, but I am too busy working on AF. :D

7-People wearing inappropriate clothing.
    Usually its kids/teenagers, but I've also seen a few grownups doing it. It people wearing their jeans halfway down their butt. usually showing off their underwear or the crack of their ass. They call it a fashion statement, I call it stupidity. If they really knew the true meaning of what it was for, I am sure they would not care to continue to do it. Idiots.

8-The 5 day work week/vacation time.
    Really? Seriously? I would rather work an hour and a half longer with a shorter lunch from Mon thru Thur and get Friday off to have a three day weekend. (or it can also be Tue thru Fri and have Monday off.) We in the USA work too damn hard and much and don't take enough time to unwind. Europe gives you a month or more. Two weeks is not enough for most folks. (I actually have 3 weeks due to my job, but most don't).

9-Messy inconsiderate drivers/eaters
    I have a corner house. and no matter what, people end up coming off the main drag two blocks away and park on my corner to eat their crap and then throw their garbage out into the street when they leave.

10-Use of inappropriate words out in the open
    It drives me nuts when I see people regardless of race, color etc saying the N word. Be it in conversation or in song. Wrong wrong wrong. The same thing for any other inappropriate use of the words gay, re-****, etc.

TS
  24. Inno

Inno Well-Known Member

Maybe a Scotland specific one, but Orange Walks. Not that I object to them walking, each to their own and all that jazz... but there was one today in Wishaw that was TEN THOUSAND strong... and it affected traffic and travelling all over South Lanarkshire for me and my family today. Hellish.
  25. Banana Lord.

Banana Lord. Member

I've been waiting for a Droid for about a year now, and since Verizon dropped their VIP program, I had to wait until today. I go into Verizon to find out the HTC Incredible was originally supposed to be in stores around June 7, and it's July 11. They HOPE to ship by August 9th.