• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

rapid battery drain on my HTC One V

dr4sight

Sep 6, 2011
Saugerties, NY
My HTC One V has been showing considerable battery drain the past few days.
As an example I awoke yesterday at 7am, the battery was at 100% charge and remained on the home wi-fi until I left for work at 9:30. I did not use the phone at all during that time. Got to work at 10am and checked. Battery was down to 68% (work has no wifi available). By 10pm and using the phone very little the charge was below 10%.

I installed Battery Doctor and it suggested that the main culprit could be Google Play Services and research tells me it has been a recent issue for some. But supposedly an update to it has slowed battery drain.

Problem there is I don't see Google Play Services when I go to the Play Store and look at the list of My Apps installed-or-all.

I just re-installed Juice Defender this morning (had it on my prior Android phone) and hope it might help.

Can anyone suggest ways to halt this rapid draining of the battery?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones