rapid burts battery drain;Virtuous/Virtuous kernel

Last Updated:

1. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Little background: Before updating to 2.1 the battery would usually last about a day or a day and a half with moderate use(phone, texting, and social websites). I updated to 2.2 and battery drained very fast; so I hard reset and disabled Wi-Fi which helped, but still drained within a day with less than my average use(if I forgot to plug in the charger, it would be dead in the morning).

I've since rooted and switched to Virtuous 2.7 with the custom kernel; which seemed to help out(with my "2.2" usage the battery life was about 16-20hrs...Wi-Fi disabled, now it's around 20-24hrs). What I noticed with the 2.2 update is "irregular" battery drainage. It would go to down to about 70%-80% fairly quick, but drain much more slowly down to about 40%, and then drain quickly to about 15%.

Just a while ago, I unplugged the phone from the charger(It had finished charging earlier and I unplugged and plugged the charger again to make sure it's "topped off"), and drops to 98% in about a minute(zero use). I fire up the youtube app and watch Katy Perry's Teenage Dream(I don't like her singing but hey, it's a catchy song), and by the end of the song it's at 89% battery life. Anyone know what's causing this or know if this is normal?

Right now it's still at 89%(~28mins since uplugged) I don't even have much apps on here(Aside from whatever is on Virtuous, I've only added Rom Manager, Youtube, Bank of America, and Barcode Scanner).

Advertisement
  2. icrazy2u

icrazy2u Well-Known Member

I have Custom Kernal for Virtuous and INCredible Revolution theme and my battery has been on 43% for about an hour. Thats pretty good after going through all the stuff I put it through today.

3. Todd M

Todd M Well-Known Member

+1 I have noticed this as well. Thought it was just me, but I guess not...

4. misterfish

misterfish Member

Can't help, but I can say that I've run into this issue, too, since changing kernals and using SetCPU two days ago. I'm not a heavy user, and I really don't use my phone to listen to music or watch videos.

Last night, I wanted to see how much charge I would have if I let it sit. I unplugged it just before going to bed, and a good 9 hours later when I got up, my phone was at 33%. :(

May just switch back to the stock kernel tomorrow or try another; there seems to be quite a few options. Here are some screenies of what I've got going on. I'm sure some of the task list can be trimmed (which I'm all for doing,) but there's really nothing new there beside SetCPU from when I was running stock unrooted 2.2 last week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]