Raptor killed my internet connection?

Last Updated:

1. Desertbum

Desertbum Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys. I have been using this site ever since I got my LG Ally. I love the phone and have been playing with it in an attempt to get the best performance possible. Recently my phone started to bug out with the Velocity v0.3. It said the SD card was removed when it wasn't. I decided to recover to the stock V8 rom and then I wanted to try Raptor. Once I got through installing Raptopr, I noticed my Market and Browser wouldn't connect to the internet. I have reloaded to the stock rom again and I still can't get it to work. Does anyone have any advice or have had this happen to them? Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. brownbob06

brownbob06 Member

3. netizenmt

netizenmt Well-Known Member

Excuse me for saying this but... It's very unfair and very misleading to say that Raptor killed your internet. Lots of people are using Raptor happily and successfully. It would be more prudent in the future to seek help for the problem in IRC prior to casting aspersions on a particular ROM, particularly since you were already having issues with your phone when using Velocity. That would seem to point to a possible hardware issue.

4. DoctorZaius68

DoctorZaius68 Well-Known Member

I agree with Netizenmt, I have used both Raptor and Velocity with turbo and OC kernel and I have not encountered this issue. Please email the devlopers of these Roms to see if this is a common problem before you run thier roms under the bus.

5. Desertbum

I wasn't trying to "run their roms under the bus." That's part of the reason that I ended my subject line with a ?. I simply stated what I was using/doing and the problems that came about. I never said either rom was at fault.

6. d0nd0n

d0nd0n Well-Known Member

There was a confirmed outage with Verizon's 3G service nationwide.

It didn't effect all people but it effected a LOT. And I mean a LOT. Most of the country.

jrock204657 likes this.
  7. maddog986

maddog986 Active Member

I noticed an outage last night. Its not any rom's fault.

8. jrock204657

jrock204657 Well-Known Member

I noticed last night around 2AM EST, I restored a nandroid I had made earlier in the day and was working fine, that after restoring I couldn't access browser, market, sync google accounts ect... I was trying to figure it out all night and then it just started working...Thanks for the confirmation about the "outage".

9. darkxsun

darkxsun Well-Known Member

I was playing with undervolting settings on my Palm Pre and thought the same thing---I had messed it up. This seemed especially likely since my Ally was still fine. I reverted everything, even so far as uninstalling the custom kernel, before I finally gave up and fell asleep.

When I woke up everything's fine. They caught a lot of us :p

10. Desertbum

Yeah thanks for the replies. It was that Verizon outtage that killed me haha. It was just all really bad timing.