Rather Interesting/Frustrating Texting Issue That I Am Having

Last Updated:

1. BilluMays

BilluMays New Member

So just two days ago my Samsung Galaxy S was having a problem where it would cycle through having a full 3G signal, to full 1x signal, to no signal at all. While all of this was going on, I was texting someone and I first noticed the issue when the texts weren't going through, but instead would just have their time stamps change as the phone's clock changed. Fast forward to the next day, I went into Verizon and talked to a guy there about the problem. We ended up just doing a factory reset and the problem resolved itself. While I was there though, I ended up upgrading to the Nexus which is when the real issue began.

After getting home and texting the same person that I was texting while my phone was going haywire, it turns out that something very weird was happening. If my text exceeded 150 characters, then the characters after #150 would be sent as the second part of the message and the first part would be the beginning 150 characters of a text that I sent the night before while my phone was freaking out. It's always the same first 150 characters and it only happens with this one person even though I texted a couple other people the night before.

I have tried a hard reset of the phone and that didn't fix the issue so I'm kind of desperate for a solution and/or advice for making this go away. The person that I was texting has tried deleting our entire conversation as well as resetting her phone and that didn't work either.

Advertisement