Rattling as typingSupport

Last Updated: 2012-09-10 21:36:41
  1. micahdiablo

micahdiablo Well-Known Member

I have haptic feedback as I type but I notice that as it types and vibrates it makes a slight rattling sound with it?

Anyway to fix that?

Advertisement
  2. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

Does it make a rattling noise at any other time (vibrating or not), such as when you receive a call, notification, or shake the phone when playing games?

Kratos
  3. STeVe7320

STeVe7320 Well-Known Member

Seems like any vibration. My old Incredible 2 was horrible, and i never noticed it until i got a new warranted replacement. Which has started it as well. Just tapping the home button would sound awful.
  4. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

My DInc2 doesn't make any noises except for when the vibrator is very strong, which is really only when I play Coin Dozer or get a phone call. And even then, it sounds like a vibrator and nothing else.

Have you removed the back and looked for any loose components? Not much back there, but you probably don't want to void any warranties by tearing the whole thing apart...

Also, do you notice the noise when shaking the phone? If you haven't tried, just shake the phone back and forth a little and see if you can hear anything rattling...

Kratos
  5. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

Most custom ROMs have no haptic feedback. You could try them. :p
  6. micahdiablo

micahdiablo Well-Known Member

No I have only noticed it as I type on this phone. It rattles at the bottom it sounds like. I'm not sure why.