Rattling Desire

Last Updated:

1. digitalxni

digitalxni Guest This Topic's Starter

Hey guys!

Sort of loving my Desire at the moment but it's just so different to anything I've used before it's taking some getting used to! The problem I have at the moment is a slight rattle that is rather noticeable when tapping the rear of the phone or putting it down. I'm pretty sure this is due to the auto-focus mechanism in the camera. My last phone did it but as it was a cheap piece of plastic I didn't care about it. Should I send this back to o2 and ask for a replacement? I'm just worried that this piece could get damaged rattling about in the phone!

Cheers guys!

/xni

Advertisement
  2. StevenSeed

StevenSeed Well-Known Member

No, it's the same on all HTC Desires. Mine does it too, I don't think it's anything to weff about. :)

3. AnthonyS

AnthonyS Active Member

I can confirm as StevenSeed has said, mine does rattle at the top right too, never noticed it before but I am sure I will constantly now! :( :p

4. Akalatengo

Akalatengo Well-Known Member

htc is well known for rattling devices, it is very annoying but nothing to worry about when you get use to.
    If you decided to change it, your next one will still rattle.
    I have four previous htc's (windows mobile) and they all rattled including mu new Desire

5. antipesto93

antipesto93 Well-Known Member

happens to mine aswell, its the autofocus mechanism. normal.

6. wellibob

wellibob Well-Known Member

thanks for that, im anal about noises, and this is somethink else to add to my list !:rolleyes:

7. digitalxni

digitalxni Guest This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys. Just found someone else who has the phone and hers rattles to. It's not a major issue just a slight niggle! The one on my SE K850i was terrible - but then that phone was a horribly built plastic toy full of old components from the skip.

8. mbatson89

mbatson89 Well-Known Member

if it helps to ease your mind about it, mine seems to have the same rattle :)

9. chattygirl

chattygirl Active Member

Mine too!

10. benaTRON

benaTRON New Member

ditto, on my previous one and my new one, straight out of box! I was going to return it, but seeing as the issue is so widespread - meh, I can't be doing without my awesome phone!

11. RedBob62

RedBob62 Well-Known Member

I have given mine a good shake (the desire that is ;)) but have been unable to produce a rattle. That said I can get it to make a click if I press the top right of the battery cover but I have always put this down to the fact that the cover is plastic and a little flimsy.

12. Village Idiot

Village Idiot Active Member

My Desire had the same rattle. I discovered a fix.

-Wait until your signal reception goes to crap- even where you normally get great reception. Bonus for excessive digital roaming.

-Spend an hour or two in the store while they try to diagnose the issue. When they give up they will set up an advanced exchange. If you're lucky enough to be the secondary user (oh say, on your wifes account), the account holder gets to spend a while on the phone authorizing said exchange. And I do mean a while.

-When you go to the store to get the replacement phone, the new phone must exhibit the same problem. I think this step is crucial. Now, repeat the above step.

-When the second replacement phone arrives, several days late due to a blizzard in Texas, it will be rattle free!

Now this may sound excessive, but my new phone is nice and quiet.

13. he who dares

he who dares Member

mine rattles to.
    dont get the above post.

14. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

mine does too

15. deanshep85

deanshep85 Well-Known Member

strangely enough I had just ignored the 'rattle on mine' it only happens when I use landscape and using the keyboard typing and the haptic feedback goes off...meh lol