Rave about it. The anti-rant thread.

1. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

Just as it sounds, I wanted to make a thread I could come back to regularly and see positive thoughts flow instead of everyone's favorite, the complaint. I'll start!

I love it when I'm going to bed, and I can swear I'm coming down with a cold, thinking that I'm going to wake up a ball of cranky, sore, boogery mess, but instead I wake up feeling like a million bucks!
    Happy surprise.
    Now you have to think of something that makes you smile instead off just thinking about what "grinds your gears" all day.

Advertisement
  2. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

How about when you get pulled over, and the cop takes your info and is gone for 15 mins and you just know you're getting a ticket, but instead he comes back and says slow down :beer:
  3. chris4x4

chris4x4 Well-Known Member

A Krispy Kreme donut shop is being built 3/4 mile from my house!!!!!!

:woot:
    carracerz14 likes this.
  4. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Well-Known Member

First run of a rebuilt V8. It starts, does not leak or burn oil.

First ride on a restored anything is darn great.
  5. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

I love when you wake up, thinking its time to go to work, and you realize its Saturday and you can sleep in!
  6. TheAtheistReverend

Organic homemade home grown still warm from the oven pumpkin pie with freshly whipped cream!

[​IMG]
  7. Chex Remix

Chex Remix Well-Known Member

For me it's always fun when a new third-party game system comes out, be it a clone console or a game tablet like WikiPad or Archos. 9 out of 10 times they're way more interesting than what the mainstream is offering. I was looking through some catalog (yes they still make them) and saw the Atari Flashback 4 and two SEGA clone consoles from AtGames. It brought a smile to my face knowing someone out there's selling them other than "the internet".
  8. TheAtheistReverend

There's a local shop in Minneapolis that sells all sorts of weird things, and when I saw they had the Atari 2600 controllers that come with like 50 games built it, I was ecstatic!

My niece and nephew (5 and 6) still think my OG Nintendo is the coolest thing ever. It's a blast to watch them play.
  9. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

It always feels great to come home from work, thinking everyone forgot your birthday, to find your house crammed full of family and friends with well wishes.

On the negative.. my friends will do most anything for cold beers and finger food. :eek:
  10. Seanette

Seanette Well-Known Member

We managed to find DH a new monitor he was happy with at a decent price, and it was even in stock at the nearby Best Buy, so no shipping hassles.
  11. TheAtheistReverend

Knowing that if no one is smart enough to buy me a Nexus 7 on Xmas, I will buy it my damn self. One way or another, it will be mine, and it is good to know that.
  12. wyndslash

wyndslash Well-Known Member

2-3 more weeks until Christmas vacation! :)
  13. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

4 weeks until i get my nexus and it will nearly be christmas
  14. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

I absolutely LOVE this idea! There are so many threads focusing on negatives and bring out bad feelings towards things, it's glad to see someone bring up something that makes your day.

I absolutely LOVE when I wake up on sunday to the smell of a fresh cooked home breakfast. As busy as I am today, it's the little things like that, that I love the most.
    TheAtheistReverend likes this.
  15. TheAtheistReverend

My thoughts exactly!

16. blackepoxy

blackepoxy Well-Known Member

I love it when a cop pulls me over and says "papers".
    Then I say "scissors, I win!" And drive off.
  17. TheAtheistReverend

I just had the best Thanksgiving yet. We brought our boy to my folks place, and that was the most noise and commotion he had ever been exposed to really. He was very happy throughout the whole afternoon and evening, then slept while we all sat together and had an amazing dinner.
    I love Thanksgiving.
  18. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

I love the feeling I get when I wake up to a warm beagle puppy snuggling up next to me, and I can see the innocent love, and total dependence in those big brown eyes.
    I just can't abuse that kind of power, and that choice makes me a better person.:)
  19. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

My house was full of family yesterday, good food and drink, and we played board games for hours!

Man was it a good day! :)
  20. TheAtheistReverend

I am glad I don't have any desire to shop this time of year. It feels like I'm surviving the zombie apocalypse.
  21. Seanette

Seanette Well-Known Member

Isn't online shopping great? No crowds. :D
  22. TheAtheistReverend

I found a new appreciation for the Minute Clinic. That was EASY.
  23. poriggity

poriggity Well-Known Member

I am thankful that I wake up every day, happy to go to work. It's not the best paying job, but I enjoy it, and it keeps food on the table!
    Scott
  24. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! Moderator

I am thankful for the first day this week without a massive migraine.
  25. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

I love it when a plan comes together. (takes drag of big stogie) lol