• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Raw editing app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gimmick_User

Sep 12, 2014
Hello everyone. I have an LG V10 and I used up my free trial of the Photo Mate r3 app. It's a really good app for editing raw photos, but before I fork over $9 for the pro version, are there any comparable editing apps (other than Photo director, it has grainy results)? Or, is there a cracked link for the APK, as I think $9 is steep for that kind of app? Here are a couple photos to show the difference between auto camera, PhotoDirector, and Photo Mate r3... The grainy one is Photo director, Photo Mate r3 has branding in it. Auto mode is the neutral one. This SAS my first attempt at photo editing, so forgive my picture quality.
20160716_144239-Edit.jpg
2016-07-23-17-32-14.jpg
2016-07-23-17-32-14.jpg 20160716_143742.jpg 20160716_144239-Edit.jpg 20160716_144239-Edit.jpg
20160716_144239-Edit.jpg
20160716_143742.jpg
2016-07-23-17-32-14.jpg

You will NOT get help here looking for cracked i.e. stolen apps. Android Forum rules.

IMO $9 is not expensive for an app like that. And devs do have to put food on the table, and pay the rent and bills, just like everyone else. :thumbsupdroid:
Thank you for the link. I do beg to differ on that price point though. $9 for an app line that with such minimal programming is VERY high. For instance, Kodi is free, yet they could charge $50 for it easy. AZ screen record, Tubemate, Where's My Droid... Free, free, a couple bucks, all easily better than this app. The other editing apps are free, minus one or 2 settings. As I agree with you that devs need to put food on the table, and no one should steal their apps, in retrospect, they shouldn't price gouge either. They're inviting people to look for cracks. I come from the perspective of a vendor. I'm an author, and my latest book gets pirated often, but I charge it to free advertising. For every book someone steals, sometime buys 2. But I hear ya :). The device did kind of piss me off by cutting my free trial time short.

Upvote 0
Well I don't wish to get in a quarrel. Yeh, Kodi is free, it's open source actually, which might mean many of the devs are voluntary, and doing it for the love of it. :thumbsupdroid:

Desktop operating systems; Ubuntu is free, Canonical gives it away. Windows isn't, Microsoft will charge you a $100 bucks or more for a retail copy without a PC.

I've got a friend who's an author, written some books, put them on Amazon Kindle, Kobo, iTunes Books, B&N Nook, for about $5-6, he's not making much at all, and his full-time job is a teacher, because he has to.

Upvote 0
Like Mike said: if you're looking for a cracked APK of a paid app, you'll have to look somewhere else online because we do not condone or harbor piracy here.

Cracked APKs are havens for malware, because it has to be in the best interest of the person cracking the APK to do the work. They rarely do it out of principle or a good heart. They will inject adware or trojans into the app and then re-compile the APK. Then they rake in ad revenue or sell your personal data.

Since there is nothing else to debate or defend that could possibly be productive, I'm locking the thread. If you feel this is inappropriate, feel free to PM me and I'll get you in touch with Admin.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones