1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

RAW images/pictures

Last Updated:

1. LucaBigo

LucaBigo New Member This Topic's Starter

Dear Forum Users,
    is there anyone who know the name of an application able to view the .NEF pictures(RAW format from Nikon)taken with my Nikon Camera.i have Android 1.6 installed.
    Thank you!!!

Advertisement
  2. gdpmumin

gdpmumin Member

Yikes! I would be completely surprised if an app like that exists. Just out of curiosity, why would you need that? Could you just have the Nikon save the RAW + JPG files and view the jpgs?

3. SebaOS

SebaOS New Member

Some nikon cameras, especially entry lvls, can only save RAW + basic JPEG so thats not an option.

But really, if you already shoot raw, it shouldn't stay raw out of camera, but it should be processed and turned into jpeg anyway, what do you need to do with raw files on mobile phone?

4. LucaBigo

LucaBigo New Member This Topic's Starter

I prefer shooting RAW only,saving spaces on card.I would like to view RAW on 7" screen of my tablet before delete them when I'm out for a long trip.I would like to have the tablet with me instead of a Netbook or notebook.However I understood that only way I have i to shoot RAW+JPEG.Bye bye...

5. totographe

totographe New Member

Hi there,

there is a nice tool for android tablets and smartphones that reads many RAW files.
    I can't post the link yet, but simply search for 'RawVision' in android market.

Hope this helps ;)

6. rawpal

rawpal New Member

Hi everyone,

One more viewer for raw pictures. It has a very basic importing tool but the best thing is that it can be used as one of the possible actions for images from your favorite filebrowser. It's name is Rawpal Gallery. You can find it in the market: https://market.android.com/details?i...rawpal.gallery . I will apreciate any comment or sugestion.

7. lakeguy55

lakeguy55 New Member

I found this thread while searching for the same thing.

I've installed RawDroid from the market. It seems to work as advertised, has others who say good things about it, and seems to be evolving.

In summary, seems to be what you/we were looking for (I have no connection to the app. Just found it in the market)