1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Razor's RSS Watering Hole

1. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Hello everyone! As the denizens of the Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy S III Watering Holes know, I like to put together news link posts from various well-known and some lesser known tech and gaming blogs each day as a service to my AndroidForums friends. Recently it was suggested that I make a dedicated thread for these compilations, so here we are! I invite anyone to comment here on any items posted, I'd love to have lively daily discussions about news developments.

I also run a little tech blog where I put up these roundups along with lots of other posts, it's called Call to the Bullpen. Anyone is more than welcome to follow the blog and its pages on various social media networks.

Call to the Bullpen
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Google+
    RSS Feed

All previous roundup posts (search):
    In the OP here, I'll keep a link to the most current news post so that it won't get lost:
    Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy! :)

Advertisement
    :
    jmar, treb1797, XplosiV and 5 others like this.
  2. alsaces daddy

alsaces daddy Well-Known Member

This is so awesome! Great job Razor!! :thumbup:
  3. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

alsaces daddy likes this.
  4. ryancmatchett

ryancmatchett VIP Member VIP Member

Uh oh...someone went to the dark side????
    Awesome for the RSS!! Subscribed!
  5. kymberlin

kymberlin *~ Life is Beautiful ~* VIP Member

Great job ! Thanks for the link!
  6. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Woah, that one with the guy stealing the iPhone, PEOPLE THESE DAYS!!

Anyhow this is great stuff man, good job
  7. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

Subscribed :)
  8. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

Many thanks! Subscribed ;)
  9. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Thanks, Razor, always look forward to the "LOL Wut?" posts and this one certainly didn't disappoint. ;):D
  10. alsaces daddy

Razor...?
  11. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

Maybe it's just me, but personally, i think that as razor is providing this service out of the goodness of his heart, this should be stickied for more exposure. But that's just my opinion.
  12. RazorSharp

13. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

Thanks again Razor !!! Have you gone Green ( Guide ) since I last saw you ?
  14. RazorSharp

Indeed, it just happened :)
  15. treb1797

Well Congrats my friend !! Thanks for putting my morning tech paper all in one place ;):D
  16. RazorSharp

Thanks, and you're welcome ;)
  17. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Well deserved RS :D
    RazorSharp likes this.
  18. RazorSharp

Tech Roundup, October 9

Today's Headlines:
    Next Nexus rumors:
    More LG Nexus pictures surface with specs attached | Android and Me

NenaMark Benchmark Confirms Snapdragon S4 Pro Processor of the LG Nexus, Screen Resolution Too – Droid Life

Here are 48 photos taken by the "Mako," aka LG Nexus | Android and Me

If you haven't been following along: LG's Nexus - here's what we know so far | Android Central

-----

SlashGear Evening Wrap-Up: October 9, 2012 - SlashGear

Copyright Scofflaws Beware: ISPs to Begin Monitoring Illicit File Sharing | Threat Level | Wired.com

Google Play now lets you sample in-app purchases before you buy | 9to5Google

Google releases Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update to AOSP, coming to Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus | BGR

3G Security Flaw Could Let Anyone Track Your Phone | Mashable

32GB Nexus 7 rumored to ship October 24th | BGR

Verizon HTC Droid Incredible X pops up at certification forum, inadvertently confirms existence - Engadget

Samsung officially announces the Galaxy Music | Android Authority

Over 60% of Android malware hides in fake forms of popular apps | TheNextWeb

AT&T Unwrapped 2012: the carrier previews its smartphones and tablets for the holidays | The Verge

Motorola devices getting ICS: Droid Xyboard 8.2 & 10.1, Xoom 2 WiFi, Xoom 2 Media Edition | Android Authority

Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft and others join forces to launch new Web standards resource | TheNextWeb

UK to be 5G 'playground' as Huawei, Samsung and Telefonica set up joint research facility - GigaOM

Apple and Google Spent More on Patents Than on Research and Development Last Year | 9to5Mac

"Kings of YouTube" will give syndicated series to the most popular viral videos — paidContent

Groupon, Zynga Worst-Performing Stocks of the Year - G4tv.com

Apps and Tech:
    Opera Mobile 12.1 for Android launches with new fraud detection feature, improved Web standards support | TheNextWeb

Android users outraged over Motorola's broken promise | Mobile - CNET News

Do the Rooting Without Unlocking the Bootloader on Galaxy Nexus | MobileSpect

Developers Provide Working CM10 Alpha for Motorola DROID X2 – Droid Life

Google Adds Tons of Language Input Tools to Gmail | TheNextWeb

NextCall keeps track of your calls to contacts, reminds you when it's time to call someone | Lifehacker

AOKP's Kangerator App Will Make Sure You Have the Newest Build Available – Droid Life

Lookout Security releases major update: find lost or stolen phone even with dead battery, and more | AndroidTapp

Norton Utilities & Task Killer: Performance boost for your Android | Android Authority

Zooper Widget for Android – Weather, Battery Info, and More in a Minimal Look – Droid Life

5 Best Android Applications for Photographers | MobileSpect

Wave - a sweet Live Wallpaper app for Android, make your background like PlayStation 3 | AndroidTapp

Nikon's Android-Powered Coolpix S800c Camera Goes Up on Amazon for $350 – Droid Life

Best big-screen TV values under $1,000 | TV and Home Theater - CNET Reviews

Most Popular Headphones: Grado Labs SR80i | Lifehacker

A Google-a-Day Puzzle for Oct. 9 | Wired.com

Gaming and Miscellany:
    Mobile News Wrap-Up: October 9, 2012 | GameTrailers

Mobile Game Trailers: Coming soon to Android | Android and Me

Rigonauts Finally Arrives on Android - 2 Week Verizon Exclusivity, Snapdragon Phones Only | Android Police

First cinematic game teaser rolls out for new action-RPG Arcane Legends | AndroidSPIN

Gameloft Releases Trailer for Zombiewood, Coming This Halloween – Droid Life

iOS hit Piyo Blocks 2 from Thumbstar Games coming to Android next week | DroidGamer

Square Enix Defends the Surprisingly High Pricing of Their iOS/Android Games | Kotaku

Borderlands 2 Mechromancer busts out early, available today for Xbox 360 | Joystiq

Why Mobile Social Games Are Just as Vulnerable as Zynga | TechCrunch

Andru charger joins the dark side on October 11 | Phandroid

Video Game Orchestra: Castlevania at the symphony | Crave - CNET

AOL re-releases Games.com with focus to mobile browser gaming | Android Authority

November Is Free Wi-Fi Month in New York and San Francisco Courtesy of Windows 8 | TechCrunch

Today's "lolwut?" column brought to you by IHateMyTreo from the Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole!
  19. RazorSharp

Did everyone get to see last night's post? I gotta work on finishing them earlier :p
    alsaces daddy likes this.
  20. RazorSharp

Sorry all, no post tonight - giving myself the night off to play Pokemon Black 2 :)
  21. alsaces daddy

OH NO!!!! I'm kidding. Real life is more important. We will await tomorrows.... if there will be one.. :p;)
  22. treb1797

:dontknow: Hello ?