• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

razr battery life

Welcome to Android Forums!

There are several things you can do to conserve your battery, but be aware that a new phone will have shorter battery times. Battery life improves with use. It's important to teach your phone the capacity of the battery. Many times a phone is not completely charged the first time and the phone will base it's reporting on inaccurate information. Try this...

Let your phone completely discharge. Leave it on until the phone shuts itself off. Then, without using it too much, plug it in to the a/c charger (not the USB cable) and let it charge to full. When it shows a full charge, unplug the phone and reboot. Then shut the phone off and plug it back into the charger. If plugging it in boots the phone, when it is completely booted, shut it off while still plugged into the charger and let it charge for at least an additional hour even if it says it's fully charged. Finally reboot the phone.

You've now taught the phone the capacity of your battery and it will be able to more accurately report the charge (and you should see longer battery times).

Modern LiIon batteries do not require conditioning and are actually susceptible to damage if you constantly deep-discharge them. They perform much better and last longer on short incremental charges.

You can also check in with Motorola Droid RAZR - Android Forums to see if there are any specific tips for your model.

Reactions: Metroid Prime
Upvote 0
Hi, welcome to AF. You have stumbled onto a 'vexatious problem' we all have been suffering with for a very long time. Is there any permanent fix to this, yes! The manufacturers need to make longer lasting batteries for these battery consuming phones. Until then, sorry to say - we are stuck with these type of batteries. One way of getting around this is, to get an additional battery or two. That's what I do. And make sure to Tap off the battery before It's completely drained.

Upvote 0
Can I get Battery details people. I don't think my battery life is for shit. I've read about all the settings to extend battery lifefrom the motorola site. I tryed them all. My screen brightness is usually at 0%. I seems like i can onlt play with the phone for about 2 hours before its about dead. This is not playing high end games. It just surfing on the internet, playing a little angry, checking email. looking at weather. sending a few texts. this type of stuff.

Battery info at 30% shows android OS @ 34% = 21m:55s Display @ 29% = 1h 8m 0s Cell Standby @ 7% = 5h 30m 6s

Phone Idle @ 7% = 4h 22m 19s Android system @ 4% = 2m 7s rild @ 3% = 1m 51s Wi-fi @ 3% = 41m 10s

Everything else is 2% or less only 4 of them show up right now.

If you don't know how to find these reading on your phone goto: Settings > Battery information > Battery Use. Then tap on each line for details.

I was told at the store that i sould be able to use this phone like this for 7 hours or so. I don't seem to be getting anywhere near there. I would be very happy if i could get that.

Can i get people that say they have descent battery life to post results for their power usage so i can compare? Thanks

Do i have an issue with my phone? I've had it since friday last week. the battery should be conditioned by now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones