Razr gets VERY warmSupport

1. Raftysworld

Raftysworld Well-Known Member

So I bought my Razr this morning... and as great as it is, unfortunately I can confirm the many reviews complaining about the phone's heat. I streamed music for about a half hour and was shocked by how hot it became. :(

I know you're going to tell me 'exchange the device', but my friend's had the same problem a few days ago. He called me on Google Talk for a while to test the phone, and it got pretty warm. It didn't seem bad at the time, and so I went ahead and bought this phone, but i really should have put it through its paces more...

Advertisement
    :
  2. shadowfox1450

shadowfox1450 Active Member

I just noticed on mine today. I was doing the same thing, streaming music from pc for about half an hour. The screen was crazy warm, borderline hot. I'm letting it cool down now.
  3. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

I don't have a razr, but I have owned 4 smartphones over the years, each of them have gotten very warm during usage, including my D2 and DX.
  4. cmubwanel

cmubwanel Well-Known Member

I've had my RAZR since Thursday and find that it tends to get warm during casual use.
  5. 1981dla

1981dla Member

This is my main concern about getting a Razr. I listen to slacker for hours at a time while at work or driving. My DINC 2 does great but I wonder how the razr would do.
  6. jmt9779

jmt9779 Well-Known Member

i stream a lot of music using Slacker radio and i notced that the phone gets warm, but not hot enough to be of concern to me. my old droid got warmer than my razr.
    Teegunn likes this.
  7. Raftysworld

Raftysworld Well-Known Member

I had a Dinc and some other phones before this, and they definitely got warm, but not borderline too hot like this has. Plus, it seems like the heat is concentrated on the screen for the Razr. Ugh :(