1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support RAZR HD Can't send MMS...size to big!!

1. AirSTEPH

AirSTEPH Member

I can receive pics , but every time i try to send one it asks to resize, I say OK,
    and then another message appears. "Message size limit reached"
    sorry you cannot add this pic to your message... WHY....:confused:

Advertisement
  2. JE78

JE78 Well-Known Member

No idea, I get the same resize message, I say ok, and it sends no issues
  3. dirkbonn

dirkbonn Well-Known Member

I think the size limit is a Verizon requirement when sending pictures or videos via SMS, not a phone thing.

If you have large pix or vids, send via email.
  4. JE78

JE78 Well-Known Member

Are you using the stock message app? I've used the stock and and Go SMS and haven't had any problems sending. It gives me a message that the picture is too big but then compresses it and sends it. With Go SMS I have my MMS size set at 1.2mb, I'm on verizon as well. If it works for me, it should work for the OP.
  5. AirSTEPH

AirSTEPH Member

Im using stock..this is pissing me off... Ill try a third party app and see if its good. Have you guys found any where in the settings that gives you the option to set some kind of limit for the size?

and THANKS for the relies :)
  6. JE78

JE78 Well-Known Member

Try Go SMS and Handsent. I've had good luck with both.
  7. AirSTEPH

AirSTEPH Member

So,, yeah it seems to work with third party apps but not stock...This sucks, I just love the stock messaging app on the RAZR HD :(
  8. JE78

JE78 Well-Known Member

Thats strange, i've had no issue with the stock app. I've had problems with other 3rd party apps like Message Lite G but stock, Go SMS, and Handsent have always worked.