razr hd caseTips

1. racefan82

racefan82 Active Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. fullerne

fullerne Well-Known Member

I have the trident aegis case. Seems like it provides pretty good protection, though I haven't dropped it yet. It is a little bit of a pain putting it on, but it comes off easier. It is also adds a bit of bulk, but it seems that any case offering more than just minimal protection will do so. I would like to find something slimmer to use in addition to the aegis case.
  3. hansangb

hansangb Well-Known Member

Have you looked at Seido Online stuff? They make quality stuff.
  4. dhbuckley

dhbuckley Well-Known Member

I have rMhd and the particular Otterbox for this phone is the best case I've ever used for any phone. See if you can get one for yours, Amazon worked for me.
  5. dhbuckley

Otterbox DEFENDER, btw, not Commuter.
  6. Stealthman

Stealthman Well-Known Member

Can you post pictures of it in the case? I heard the screen protector part does not fit well.

How much bulk does it add?
  7. racefan82

racefan82 Active Member

so i was looking at the otterbox case, how do you access the usb and hdmi port. in the pic it dont look like theres a plug there to remove to get to them.
  8. vikingjunior

vikingjunior Well-Known Member

The incipio cases are of top quality.
  9. dhbuckley

Racefan, port cover is VERY durable and well designed.

Viking, my Incipio dualpro was terrible. Fit badly, felt like junk and exterior delaminated/peeled. Got money back from Amazon and bought Defender.
  10. racefan82

racefan82 Active Member

well i went with the trident case,( green and black one) it does add bulk but that doesnt bother me. the only thing i can complain about it is i wish the hard outer shell covered the bottom part of the phone. i went with a case because i have a habit of dropping the phone.
  11. hansangb

hansangb Well-Known Member

I actually use egrips on all my electronics (Ipad, all my cell phones etc.)

Egrips Non-Slip Strips - Consumer & Promotional Products for Mobile Phones - Silicone Grip Material | Information

You can't imagine what difference a little traction makes.
  12. jes0212

jes0212 Well-Known Member

I currently have the trident aegis case. It works well and doesn't make the phone too bulky.. I've had incipio and seidio cases in the past and they provide good protection as well. The seidio active case looks to be a good one.
  13. luckyheel

luckyheel Active Member

How heavy is the phone and case together? The case weighs more than the actual phone does.

I'm looking for one for my wife and I dont' think she's going to want to use a device that weighs 3/4 of a pound.
  14. Stealthman

I got the Otterbox defender for the Maxx. It's BIG and makes the phone like a brick however it is well protected, you feel like you can throw it against the wall. The built in screen protector stinks however. I will use it on occasion when I need extra protection but not every day.
  15. Ag76

Ag76 Well-Known Member

My wife's Razr HD is in an Otterbox Defender and she really likes it. But it all comes down to personal preference.
  16. Ag76

Ag76 Well-Known Member

I wasn't happy with the screen protector in my Defender, so I removed the protector and installed one on the phone made by Clarivue. I'm much happier with this setup.
  17. Stealthman

Good call, I may do the same
  18. Stealthman

I actually ended up returning my Otterbox Defender, it was just too damn big and I tried using the holster for a couple of days and I just don't like the feel, I am a "pocket" guy.

I did order the Commuter series, waiting for it to come. Hopefully it's slimmer.
  19. recDNA

recDNA Well-Known Member

I'd like a thin case with a kickstand. VZW sells a nice one but it has no protection on top or bottom surface, only the sides and back. I have dropped the phone on linoleum and on tile without damage in the VZW case but I would still prefer one with a top and bottom but the kickstand is a must. It also must work in portrait and landscape mode eliminating the Seidio case.
  20. Stealthman

Update: I got the Commuter and I like it much better. You can actually fit this in your pocket comfortably (although it does make the phone thicker but not as thick as the defender). One big miss however by Otterbox, there is no port cover for the charging and hdmi area. It looks weird and incomplete. They had it on the previous version for the Droid Razr Maxx (non HD version) but not this one.
  21. Stealthman

Update again: I spoke to the folks at Otterbox and they have a reason as to why they don't cover the charging/hdmi port, they say they purposely left it off so that the Commuter case can be used with the Motorola vehicle dock which makes sense. I don't have the dock to confirm this.