• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

gynormus

Jul 9, 2010
Utah
I've been having lagg with my RAZR HD, I am on Jelly bean 4.1.1 and even back on ICS i had lag when swiping through the screens, opening folders and scrolling through the app drawer, it doesn't happen that often but it does enough to bug me. Also on the swiping though screens part sometimes it will freeze up for a second or two.

Am i the only one with this issue?

app killers are actually worse for your phone, and have been since 2.3.

best bet is to find out what app is causing the lag and get rid of it. try booting into safe mode and see if it's still an issue. if not, then a 3rd party app is definitely causing it. if you have a SD card, try removing that too.

Upvote 0
I've heard of people's phones being locked to a low processor frequency when they updated. I don't suppose you're rooted to check this?

If not, try wiping your cache if you can in the boot menu. Turn it off, volume up+power and hit recovery. Volume down navigates the menu, volume up selects the option. Once you get to the android laying on it's back, hit both volume up and volume down simultaneously and the menu will pop up. Volume keys navigate, power button selects. I don't believe that will wipe all your apps, pretty sure thats the data one. But I can't guarantee. I usually wipe both when needed.

Upvote 0
I've been having lagg with my RAZR HD, I am on Jelly bean 4.1.1 and even back on ICS i had lag when swiping through the screens, opening folders and scrolling through the app drawer, it doesn't happen that often but it does enough to bug me. Also on the swiping though screens part sometimes it will freeze up for a second or two.

Am i the only one with this issue?

With my RMHD I occasionally have a lag. I've found that CLEARING THE CACHE gets it right back "up to speed." I'm rooted and have two apps to clear things out - and then it "clips right along."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones