• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

RAZR-How to mass delete no name Contacts added by Circles on Google Plus

jueberro

Lurker
Jul 28, 2011
Hello All:

I am just beginning to get onboard with Google Plus.. The 'Entertainment' Circle that I had inadvertently added that had 700 contacts, was synced with my new Razr's Contacts and my Galaxy tablet as well. How do I mass delete these?? I have removed all accounts on the phone and this did nothing to help. I downloaded an app called dw contacts (paid $10) for it too.. because it had multi select capabilities.. but I cant filter by (No Name).. which is what all these crappy contacts say.. and it wont delete these damned contacts anyways.. I 'multi-selected' 5 and 'Delete Selected' and they went nowhere?? I have removed that circle from Google plus.. thinking this would work when I resynced.. Nope.. What a pain?? Anyone that can offer a solution besides. Reload phone.. would be much appreciated...

I apologize to DW Contacts.. I was able to use it.. Had to sort by 'First name'.. Then select all.. go to first contact with a name and begin unselecting, thereby leaving all my No name Contacts selected.. and then I deleted.. Worked..

Word of adivice.. dont be a dummy like me.. Before you tell an account to sync contacts.. make sure you want all those contacts on your phone.. also..

Google Plus's Droid App is not listed in Accounts.. But it has a setting under contacts that says 'Add Contacts from Google Plus'.. and it will down ALL your Circles if you check it.. and unchecking that setting does not fix the issue.. You will then have to manually delete them like I did.. what a pain..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones