Razr M lockscreen shortcutsGeneral

1. phositadc

phositadc Well-Known Member

In a hands-on video, I saw four shortcuts on the lockscreen. They are camera, text messages, phone, and unlock.

Anybody know if it is possible to change the camera, text messages, and phone shortcuts to shortcuts of my choice?

If not, that is kind of an annoying oversight on behalf of Motorola.

Advertisement
    :
  2. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

With the current version of ICS on the Razr and Razr Maxx this is not possible. You can change the stock sms to go to a different sms app, but that is about it.

The Razr M, Razr HD and Maxx HD are running a little different version so it isn't completely clear, yet.

They are also getting Jelly Bean pretty soon, but there is no telling what the options will be there either.

There are other lock screens available in the market if it is something you want to change though.
  3. RazrMMM

RazrMMM New Member

4. cman1414

cman1414 Well-Known Member

5. RazrMMM

RazrMMM New Member

Oh, ok. I thought you meant there was a way to do it with the stock lock screen. I normally like to use GoSMS as my default SMS app, but I'm debating about going with the stock messenger on the razr m. It seems to work pretty well. And I like my name :)
  6. Paraloid

Paraloid Member

I changed mine on my razr running ICS. Install the app you want then go to system settings than apps, find text messaging and open it and disable it. Exit out and see if your app shows up on the lock screen.
  7. TechLife

TechLife New Member

I tried disabling the stock text app (so I can use GoSMS) and it won't let me on 4.1.1. Works fine on the wife's Droid 4. Also tried WidgetLocker which doesn't cover the home bar at the bottom. Is this really that difficult?
  8. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Use Go Launcher and I'd bet you could change it. They have many "Go Lockers"(lock screens)