RAZR M + old exploits: Folder permissions have changed?Support

1. nlalic

nlalic New Member

I've been trying every general ICS exploit I can get my hands on that even has a remote possibility of working on the Droid RAZR M, with no luck.

I've tried XYZ, MotoFail, EasyRoot, SuperOneClick, D4 ICS 4.04 Root, etc etc.

It seems like most of the exploits assume you have rw privileges to the following folders:

/data/local/
    /data/local/12m/
    /dev/block/mmcblk1p20

On my RAZR M, they are locked down. ICS 4.0.4 Root seems like it would work if I could get the "rooter" binary to point to different folders for things. Namely, I have rw access to

/data/local/tmp

I am also intrigued by this solution:
    "Universal ICS Root form Official Stock Recovery 3e" (for the Galaxy Tab)
    [ROOT] Universal ICS Root from Official Stock Recovery 3e - Easy With Tutorial - xda-developers

The idea of booting into recovery mode and running a script that has root access sounds promising. I wonder if Motorola will run unsigned scripts/ROMs though. I am also afraid that I'll brick my phone.

Any thoughts? Anyone else out there with a RAZR M that wants to work on this? Or anyone with an idea they want me to try?

Advertisement
  2. morita0107

morita0107 New Member

I'm stacked rooting with same reason and with same tools. So also looking for other approach. Therefore the update something is much appreciated and helpful.
  3. stealthmouse

stealthmouse Member

You need MotoFail2:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=32888705

There are also a couple posts at DroidRZR confirming that it works (that's where I post, most of the time). One of them is a mod, who knows what he's doing (the other guy undoubtedly does, too), and they successfully rooted phones that they got after your OP.

Droid Razr M Jelly Bean Root - DroidRzr.com

Hope that helps. Cheers.