razr m or og razr?General

Last Updated:

1. mrdrh99

mrdrh99 Well-Known Member

Ok, my mother in law is looking for an upgrade from her Droid pro....she actually wanted my bionic! Which would give me an upgrade. So, for $99 should I go with the razr m or the og razr?
    I'm still tempted to wait until the bionic gets ics but who knows how long that will take!

Advertisement
  2. andrewzpsu

andrewzpsu Well-Known Member

Razr M is the best phone I've ever owned. I have the Razr Maxx too.

I personally think that there are only two worthy phones out there for verizon at the moment. The Razr M and the Galaxy S3. Basically if you want a bigger phone do the S3, if you like it more compact but still having a good size screen, the M is the choice.
  3. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

THe RAZR M has the same screen, same protective features, with a better processor, in a smaller package. Definitely on paper the RAZR M is an easy winner. My wife loves hers, and even I am a little jealous.
  4. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

the razr m reminds me of the og dx

seems mediocre but its still a powerhouse of a device with great potential.

i have never seen a bad motorola device yet. even the droid 2-3 series were still great phones.

samsung has bugs, but so does moto. all in all pure hardware and functionality wise moto wins

blur vs touchwiz? no one wins :p
  5. andrewzpsu

andrewzpsu Well-Known Member

I'm just not sure why people would even consider it a "mediocre" phone. I can only guess its from lack of a $20 SD card and the fact it doesn't have a 5" screen.

Otherwise, it performs the same as the Galaxy S3 but has a smaller screen (which is still bigger than the iPhone's screen). I'm getting quadrants of 4800+. The phone multitasks like a champ. Its smoother than butter. Has NFC and many other bells and whistles. I find nothing truly missing from it.

I'm actually drawn back that people consider this a "mid-range" phone when its clearly much more.
  6. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Actually, with the smaller screen, with lower res, it very well might outpace the RAZR HD performance wise. So in those regards, yeah, its a potent little package.
  7. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

i think its a mediocre phone because of verizon and motorola's stand point, i personally have not held the device nor played with it.

however the way vzw and motorola talk more about the razr hd, the M is just a mediocre phone to them, i am sorry if you took that out of context.
  8. mrdrh99

mrdrh99 Well-Known Member

I got the M this afternoon, its fantastic, all the screen I need, without the bulk....its fantastic!