1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Razr Maxx/aftermarket car stereo compatibilityTips

1. rkford

rkford New Member

Can someone suggest an aftermarket car stereo that is compatible and pairs easily with a Razr Maxx?

Advertisement
  2. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Moved on over to the maxx forums :)

DS
  3. Razrwire

Razrwire Active Member

Check out the Crutchfield website. I know their mail order catalog states what models are compatible with android devices. Not sure if the information is specific to which phone model they will work with or not. Worth a shot though.
  4. rkford

rkford New Member

Thank you for your reply. I've scoured Crutchfield's site and talked to a couple of their reps. One suggested the Pioneer Appradio 2 but the reviews there and at CNET were kind of "iffy". I'm hoping someone who's had some success matching their Razr Maxx to an aftermarket unit will have a suggestion.
  5. malice

malice Well-Known Member

I use mine with my pioneer DEH-80PRS all the time. Works great. Built in pandora controls and handsfree. Love it.
    rkford likes this.
  6. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

I got a Dual head unit over christmas that works pretty well. I'm not sure how much I'd recommend it (the control layout and UI is just bad). But it certainly has alot of features and the sound quality is pretty good. And it works well with my Razr.
  7. JemmyDucks

JemmyDucks Well-Known Member

My RAZR works well with my JVC unit over a Bluetooth connection.
  8. dringess

dringess New Member

Don't get an Alpine CDE-HD137BT. Bluetooth with the Razr Maxx is unreliable. Sometimes it works, sometimes I have to unpair and re-pair.