Razr Maxx rebornGeneral

Last Updated:

1. gustyfoo

gustyfoo Member

I was getting a little bored with my phone the other day and decided to take off my otterbox. Turns out the phone without a case is exactly what I wanted. The phone looks amazing without a case and has an awesome solid build. Seems like it has been reborn and once again, I love it. Any similar experiences?

Advertisement
  2. Methos1979

Methos1979 Well-Known Member

I never put a case on mine - it's just too beautiful and the perfect weight and size in it's naked form. Of course I don't leave my phone laying around - it's either in my shirt pocket or in my hand being used. I almost never drop phones or leave them laying around. If you are the type of person that takes care of your stuff then naked is the only way to go.

I had an iPhone for over two years with no protective case and other than a couple scratches on the back it was pristine. After I upgraded to the RHDM I gave my iPhone to my 19-year-old college-student son - it took him all of two weeks to crack the back glass. Tool!
  3. arparaspolo

arparaspolo Well-Known Member

I have the holster/case combo from Verizon that has the stand on the back. I take it off every once in a while and it feels like a whole different phone. It is nice to switch it every so often :) Tricks my mind into thinking I am not sticking with the same thing too long which curbs the need/want for a new device. Although, I REALLY REALLY want the Note 2 or GSIII on Verizon.
  4. gustyfoo

gustyfoo Member

I'm definitely waiting until at least mid-2013 before I'm upgrading. Even the Note2 and SG3 will shortly be outdated. Plus the DRMaxx is still getting updated to Jelly Bean. When Moto releases a Nexus, it will be time to upgrade
  5. kingnut

kingnut Well-Known Member

Note 2 resolution sucks. Razr maxx is a solid phone and with jelly bean even better. Note 3 should have way better screen resolution. And ive never used a case. Phone is thick enough the way it is. If i drop it i have insurance.
  6. cbreze

cbreze Well-Known Member

I had an otter box commuter on it at the beginning,but picked up a sheath style case so when use it , it is "naked" . I much prefer it this way. Some people are very clumsy and probably need a case tho. The pouch/sheath is a good solution for me.
  7. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I had the original DROID, then the Bionic, and now the RAZR MAXX ... all WITHOUT a case of any type. Frankly, I don't understand the need. But, maybe I'm just lucky ... or careful ... or a mixture of both. ;)
  8. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

Makes a big difference - found my 2 year old chewing on wife's Otterbox-encased RAZR MAXX the other day. Nary a scratch on the phone.
  9. Adauth

Adauth Well-Known Member

Use a cruzerlite TPU skin on mine. More than adequate protection with minimal bulk.