Razr Maxx to a PS3 ControllerSupport

1. Razr12

Razr12 New Member

I'm trying to figure out how to connect a PS3 controller to my Razr Maxx 912. I know it can be done but its not working. Heres what I'm using: USB OTG cable, Dualshock 3 controller, SixAxis App and I'm rooted. . . what else do i need?

Advertisement
  2. skinien

skinien Well-Known Member

I think you should be able to use the ps3 controller with just the OTG cable - no need for SixAxis. SixAxis will allow you to connect via bluetooth. If you want to go that route, use the SixAxis windows app that allows you to pair your controller with your phone (you need to upload your phone's Bluetooth MAC address to the PS3 controller).
  3. Razr12

Razr12 New Member

I have the OTG cable but nothing is working still . . .?? Any ideas?

When I try to pair the controller this is what it reads:

No controller found - please connect it via USB cable (cable is connected)

Attempting Connection type 2
    Driver Starting . . .
    Touch Emulation (Type A0
    Successfully Configured Bluetooth
    Listening for controllers . . .
  4. skinien

Maybe you have a bad cable? Do you have a flash drive? You can try to mount that and if it doesn't work, the cable could be bad.

But if you're rooted, you can also just try to go over Bluetooth using the SixAxis app.
  5. Razr12

Razr12 New Member

I did try a keyboard with the cable but nothing happened. (Just tried to mount a flash drive, nothing!)

I thought you had to initially use the USB cable to pair the controller to the phone?
  6. skinien

Sounds like your cable is bad.

To be clear, there are two options:

1) Use an OTG cable:
    - Just plug and play.

2) Use SixAxis:
    - First download the SixAxis pair tool on a COMPUTER.
    - Plug in the PS3 Controller to the computer.
    - Get your phone's bluetooth MAC address.
    - Using the pair tool on the computer, enter the phone's bluetooth MAC address. This tells the PS3 controller what your phone's bluetooth address is.
    - From here, disable bluetooth and open the SixAxis app on your phone and follow the instructions. I say to disable bluetooth because for me, the SixAxis app wouldn't work if I opened it with bluetooth on. I needed bluetooth off before I opened the app. I believe pressing "Start" in the app will enable bluetooth and connect to the controller.

Note: SixAxis does allow Android 3.1 to pair the controller by connecting it directly to the phone, but if your OTG is bad (sounds like it is), use method two above.