Razr touch to wake up?Support

1. thekidinbuff

thekidinbuff New Member

I have a Droid Razr that i have recently got that has the Android software on it. On my old Nokia phone, it wouldnt lock unless i physically pulled the slider down. The screen would go black after 15 seconds if i didnt lock it, but i could touch it and it would light back up. How can i do this on my Droid? I've tried a few different apps and they just keep my screen on all the time, which obviously wears the battery down. I just want it so i can touch the screen and use it, without physically pressing the lock but and unlocking. Thank you in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Robertiv

Robertiv Member

AFAIK, you can not awaken the screen by touching it once it has turned off. You must use the power button on the side to wake up the phone. This is so that the phone does not turn on accidentally and butt-dial in your hand/pocket/purse.
  3. Matesims23

Matesims23 Well-Known Member

No one likes a butt dialer:D
  4. thekidinbuff

thekidinbuff New Member

Yes, i know thats what its for. Its a smart feature but alot of the time ill just hace it sitting on the desk and it gets annoying always having to unlock it to respond to a text.
  5. thekidinbuff

thekidinbuff New Member

is there possibility an app for it?..
  6. narayanan9190

narayanan9190 Well-Known Member

now you say it, i am thinking the same too! it would be great if there is an app like that!
  7. abestr

abestr New Member

Since this problem is usually while in middle of a longer conversation, and you want to use the screen, and if you press the power button the caller will get disconnected,
    maybe we can set that while in middle of a conversation the screen should not go blank?
  8. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Ending a call using power button is a feature that can be turned on or off.
  9. sbhsquared

sbhsquared Member

How? I can't find anything on the call settings (from the dialer screen).

Thanks!
  10. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Accessibility under System Settings.