• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

RBC Mobile (Royal Bank of Canada)

Okay, nabbed and tested on my device; it should work. Just make sure you check unknown sources in security settings before trying to install it.

As always a general disclaimer. You do this at your own risk and this site, it's members and myself included will not be held liable or accountable for your actions. You do this at your own risk.

RBC app. This is directly from the Google Play Store. It may or may not work. Not sure if there is a region lock on the app.

Upvote 0
Grab TunnelBear if you live in US. Let's you VPN into Canada from a Cdn addr. Gives you 500mb free downloads per month. Use it to go to Cdn Playstore. FYI, RBC works on phones and tablets, but PlayStore only lets you download to phone. Denies tablet as viable device.

Further to the table V Phone. I have the APK "installed" on an ASUS Nexus 7 with AND 4.4.4. It can be started up and give the first tier of menus. However, when one tries to invoke say banking or whatever, it tells me I need to upgrade. When I choose to do so , Google play will not download it. The separate APK noted earlier in this thread will not install.

While I do use a $G SIM (I'm unlocked) as a fall back position for licensed spectrum, I tend to use WIFI with both VOIP and simulated SMS, so theoretically all functions are available. I think the basis on which RBC Mobile dccides it can install is flawed,

Earlier version worked fine on my Nexus 5 , but ever since the upgrade to 1.6/1.8 this thing has been a goose egg. I may need to change banks and investment accounts, because using the regular web site through a browser is too much of a kluge.

Maybe be worth waiting for one more release upgrade.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones