RC9 - The definitive changes list

Last Updated:

1. smint

smint Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

As people are starting to receive their updates now, and no one seems to have a list of all the changes, i thought we can make a list which we all can add too.

Market
    Mark spam - We now have the ability to make stupid comments as spam.
    Apps update status - In my downloads it will tell you if there is a update available for a app you own.
    Apps update notifications - Some have reported a notification that updates are available.
    Paid apps - When in marketplace, hit menu, then change view, shows all, free or paid for apps. No actual paid apps in store though.

Programs
    Sim Toolkit - Some people report having this, anyone who does could point is in the right direction.
    Latitude - The UK has seemed to have been deemed unworthy of this!

Bugs
    Phone reset - Some peoples phones have randomly reset them selves
    Date/Time - Some people have reported a temporary incorrect time/date and their morning alarm failing to go off.

System
    Update - Now in the about phone section of settings, has the system update to allow manual search of future updates.
    Language - Update is the EU not UK, has access to other languages.
    Desktop Shortcuts - If the shortcut has a long name when highlighted it will now scroll across.

As people find or allready know of more we can increase this list., updated with others contributions

Advertisement
  2. Cadillacmoon

Cadillacmoon Member

System
    Update - Now in the about phone section of settings, has the system update to allow manual search of future updates.
    Language - My update (as others i presume) is the EU not UK, has access to other languages.

Market
    Paid apps -When in marketplace, hit menu, then change view, shows all, free or paid for apps. No actual paid apps in store though :(

Bugs
    My phone reset about 25 mins after the update.

Thats it so far. Ive only had RC9 for about an hour though. If i find any more i will post them. It should be noted that i updated mine using the device info method using the anycut app. My update was not OTA from tmob. If you still havent got the ota update, I reccommend that method!

Oh and this is my first post! hello everyone!

3. MzBlack

MzBlack Well-Known Member

Thanks for that, I didnt notice :D
    and hellllo and welcome too :)

4. edam

edam New Member

Bugs
    Some people have reported a temporary incorrect time/date and their morning alarm failing to go off.

5. riley

riley Active Member

Also, that Sim Tool kit, from what ive seen on the internet, the ability to add Sim Toolkit Applications in android was added into the internal cupcake build. So, are T-Mobile already playing with Cupcake? Need the soft keyboard now people!

6. SK.

SK. Well-Known Member

Of course they are playing with cupcake!!!! It's the development branch not the update itself, i think people are getting confused with the whole cupcake thing tbh. everything for Android so far is coming from the cupcake development branch

but again it does not mean we will see it all

7. Graham

Graham Well-Known Member

I have the SIM Toolkit in my RC8. The application only appears when I have my Optus SIM installed but other SIMs it does not show up.

8. unknownkwita

unknownkwita Member

To graham, i think we might have differant updates in oz, it says r8 for me, but i have half the things listed and not others. it is weird