• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

RC9 Update recieved 3am this morning in the UK

If I remember correctly, you need to decline the update the first time (before installing, unfortunately) and check adb logcat output. This also requires the SDK, so those combination of things usually ends up resulting in a day or two wait for someone ready to do it :)

umm... that sounds a bit complicated to me...
and seeing as I already accepted the update looks like I cant help :(

Upvote 0
XDA....wait...what?

Hmmm...if its true that its a first come first serve type rollout....then maybe it will be a while before I get my update..

It may even be that its distance rollout...those closer to the main centre gets it first...
Of course...I have no idea where in the uk, t-mob are...so I can't prove that...

So I'm sticking with FCFS rollout....

Upvote 0
I have just spoken to tech support about the update and they have stated yes update has happen BUT only for a few thousand people in the UK (developers)...... well thats what they said. and until they can confirm the update is stable with their uk services it will not be released to the gen public. just to pass on a message, i have not idea if its crap or not

Upvote 0
I have just spoken to tech support about the update and they have stated yes update has happen BUT only for a few thousand people in the UK (developers)...... well thats what they said. and until they can confirm the update is stable with their uk services it will not be released to the gen public. just to pass on a message, i have not idea if its crap or not

Im not a developer im part of the "general public" so either mine was an accident or theyre talking bull... someone else said on here in another thread that tmob sent it to 1000 random g1 owners and that they will fully send it out once theyre happy that it is stable... so we're still none the wiser lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones