RDP for the Hero?

Last Updated:

1. brittas

brittas Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know of a way to do this? I know you can on the iPhone.

I'm guessing if there's some way of doing it, I'd also need a VPN client for it. Either that or used a web based version (like LogMeIn) to access my servers.

Anyone got any experience with remoting into PC's/servers with Android?

Advertisement
  2. PatBateman

PatBateman Active Member

There's Gmote, but it needs a server install and is not native RDP. I didn't like it so uninstalled right away.

I'm sure I've seen java RDP clients so an Android one can't be too far away.

Good luck with your VPN client though!

3. Merago

Merago Well-Known Member

There are a few RDP clients on the Market, do a search for RDP. I've never used any of them, so I can't vouch for their effectiveness. If they don't work for you there is also at least one VNC viewer for Android that I've seen in the Market.
    Citrix are also working on an Android version of the Citrix client, but I'm not sure how far away that is from release.
    There's also a VPN client in the Market, but it's for Cisco VPNs, so no L2TP or PPTP I'm afraid.

4. brittas

I think I've read about an RDP client, but I'd need VPN to get that working.

Same for VNC

5. Sorcerer

Sorcerer New Member

I brought a app called Remote RDP and it works fine once you get used to zoom into the area you need to work in.

6. brittas

I need Cisco VPN so that could work for me. I've only found 1 result in the market tho and that needs root.