Re-calibrate Accelerometer?Support

1. SpartanS63

SpartanS63 Member

I have auto-rotate on with my Droid Bionic, but I'm running into an issue where I have to tilt it quite a ways past ninety degrees to get the screen to rotate from portrait to landscape. This is quite annoying. I've read that doing a Factory Data Reset should remedy the problem, but I'd much rather not do that if there's another way to re-calibrate the sensor.

If anyone could give me a hand in re-calibrating the accelerometer (or finding out if it really is out of calibration), that'd be great.

Advertisement
  2. ispamforfood

ispamforfood Well-Known Member

My hunch is that you can't recalibrate your accelerometer.... def. not w/o root.... I reckon there may be a root app out there, maybe... But I doubt it.
  3. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

Everybody would rather not do a Factory Data Reset ... this included me ... the simple truth is that you REALLY need to do it after upgrading to ICS. It is the only way you are going to have a strong starting point for doing anything on your Bionic.

After you do it you will be astonished at how much junk you dumped that you just never got around to removing in the past.

... Thom
  4. SpartanS63

SpartanS63 Member

I did the factory reset and it's still behaving funny. The way the sensor went out of calibration is that I dropped it the other day and the battery fell out when it dropped. When I use apps that measure the tilt of the accelerometer, it's returning a value, so I know it's working, it's just that something has happened since the yesterday.

Any other ideas?
  5. ispamforfood

ispamforfood Well-Known Member

If you have insurance, I'd suggest swapping it out for a replacement (It'll cost ya, what, 100 bucks?) OR, if its new enough to still be under 1 yr factory warrantee (if you bought it after November 2011), Verizon might be able to get you a refurb for free.
  6. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

You should also check that the SIM card and SD-Ext card are firmly and squarely seated. They easily become unseated when the Bionic is dropped. (This solution seems like a long shot to me.)

Bionics are not designed to be dropped and the shock caused by doing it can really raise all kinds of problems.

... Thom
  7. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Satires likes this.
  8. Satires

Satires Well-Known Member

This is a nice app to have. :) I use it to verify gps is working with different roms. :)