• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root re: download error message

KashyapAghara this all got started because the system update in question was an audiomatic one initiated by Boost Mobile. I don't like them and if I could find a way to override the auto start and say I don't want the upgrade, I would.
Put an after marked ROM u won't have to worries about it lol there some good kk custom and lollipop Roms

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
Yes I am tried of reinstalling. I am a firm believer of the "kiss, keep it simple" principle and of "if it isn't broken don't fix it". It was (still is) long intervals between changing Windows operating systems for me. I am having to get use to Mac because my church has Mac computers for the video presentation. I am the newest member of my church's audio/video team. It is a chore but I love it. It keeps me busy.

KashyapAghara QUOTED You tried reinstalling?

KashyapAghara this all got started because the system update in question was an audiomatic one initiated by Boost Mobile. I don't like them and if I could find a way to override the auto start and say I don't want the upgrade, I would.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't think supper user is flashed. After I got CWM-based Recovery v6.0.3.7 installed I couldn't find any clear step by step instructions on what to do to finish re-rooting this phone. This is only my 2nd Android phone that I ever owned. And I have only done the rooting process 1 time on the ZTE phone and 1 time on the Kyocera Hydro phone. The ZTE is my 3rd cell phone. The Kyocera Hydro was the 2nd one. The 1st one was a cheapy flip phone sms and voice only. I am a newbee at this and still learning. My background with Windows and electronics makes it a bit easer for me to grasp and understand it. As oppose to starting out cold turkey.

Did u get supper user flashed.

Upvote 0
Flash the SuperSu_v2.46.zip while in cwm, then reboot. Bam, ur Rooted! :cool:

I posted the super user up a couple of conversations ago

I think what you guys are failing to grasp is that this person is extremely new to Android. A lot of the terms you're using probably don't mean anything to them. Go back and read this thread from the perspective of someone with no Android knowledge. It seems pretty confusing. [emoji6]
I think (but not 100% sure) the reason ZTE unbrick tool is not working is because the phone isn't rooted. I tried ZTE Warp 4g CWM flash tool at http://androidforums.com/threads/tool-warp-4g-cwm-flasher.814304/ This is what is on the phone display now.
----------
CWM-based Recovery v6.0.3.7

reboot to system now.
wipe data/factory reset.
wipe cache partition
backup and restore
mounts and storage
advanced >
reboot normal recovery
reboot to bootloader
power off
wipe dalvik cache
report error
key test
show log
partition sdcard
***** go back******
I am not sure what to do from here about rooting the phone using this prog. And I can't find anything on the internet that says what each cmd line does. Also the warple stock b13 deodexed.zip is on the ext sd card.

Steve
If I can summarize at this point:

Original problem
- failed update

Things you've done
- factory reset
- tried the flash tool
- installed CWM recovery using the recovery flasher

Your final goal
- a completely updated, still rooted phone.

Do I have that about right? :)
________

Are you sure those are all of the options on your cwm based recovery screen? There should be an option to "install zip" or similar. That's how we will install your updated ROM (and superuser, if necessary.)

If you don't see that option then you likely need to change to one of the other recovery options.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lordvincent you hit the nail dead on the head.. As far as the CWM list goes. I typed every line in word for word. What I typed in is what I saw. The regular list then the advanced list.
In the summary the order is:

Things you've done
- tried the ZTE unbrick tool. The unbrick tool failed to see the phone period.
-factory reset

I think what you guys are failing to grasp is that this person is extremely new to Android. A lot of the terms you're using probably don't mean anything to them. Go back and read this thread from the perspective of someone with no Android knowledge. It seems pretty confusing. [emoji6]

If I can summarize at this point:

Original problem
- failed update

Things you've done
- factory reset
- tried the flash tool

Your final goal
- a completely updated, still rooted phone.

Do I have that about right? :)
________

Are you sure those are all of the options on your cwm based recovery screen? There should be an option to "install zip" or similar. That's how we will install your updated ROM (and superuser, if necessary.)

If you don't see that option then you likely need to change to one of the other recovery options.

Upvote 0
Lordvincent. The PKZIP app for Android is installed on the phone. Maby the Zip app is installed in such a way that CWM can't see it. Or just run the "backup and restore" line in CWM and run the SuperSu_v2.46.zip and the Zip app will auto open SuperSu_v2.46.zip?

CWM-based Recovery v6.0.3.7

reboot to system now.
wipe data/factory reset.
wipe cache partition
backup and restore
mounts and storage
advanced >
reboot normal recovery
reboot to bootloader
power off
wipe dalvik cache
report error
key test
show log
partition sdcard

Upvote 0
I don't actually own your device, so it's hard to say which option is correct. I'm accustomed to seeing the option to "install zip from sdcard". It's one of the primary benefits to a custom recovery... Hopefully one of the others who have your device will chime in soon

Last edited:
Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Select "install zip from sdcard" and navigate to your SuperSu.zip to flash

Don't think that will work if it's the stock recovery...correct (it will double-check / expect a manufacturer-signed .zip)?

(unless they'res something special about that device...)

edit: scratch that--I missed the part where that's CWM recovery...I'm a doof :p :oops:

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
:D BINGO :D This time when I started CWM from the Lenox boot cd. The "install zip" was on the root dir of CWM. I installed SuperSu.zip and rebooted the phone. Now the Root Checker app reports status: ROOTED.
Now I am going to write a step by step instruction page for dummies like me. I shouldn't say dummies. Thats my mother talking. The doctors gave me a 50, 50 chance of been a low grade moron with the brain damage I have from lack of oxygen just after birth. My mother and sistors can't except that just because I am a bit slow on the up take. I am not an idiot and that I am good for lot more then string beads. My spelling and grammer isn't the greatest and I suck at math, I am almost helpless without a calculator. But I have an AA degree in electronics, 2 way radio, tv and vcr repair. And I have the diploma on the wall for that and my Amateur Radio FCC license also on the wall. Were I am impaired is. It takes me longer then the average person to grasp new things and ideas.
average person

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones