Re-install apps with appbrain on replacement DXSupport

Last Updated:

1. sparky07

sparky07 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am trying to get my apps back after I got a replacement DX. I installed all of my apps with appbrain. I thought I could just re-sign in and hit sync, but it's not working. How do I re install my apps from appbrain?

Advertisement
  2. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

Serious? Can anyone confirm that there are other steps that need to be taken for this to happen? I'd like to know, as I receive my replacement X tomorrow.

3. Foolish Mortal

Foolish Mortal Well-Known Member

I always make a new list called backup, BEFORE I install appbrain on another phone. Then, I copy my current list to backup, just in case.

If I lose my current list when I install appbrain to the new phone, I can always copy the backup list to whatever list syncs with the phone.

I'm paranoid like that.

sparky07 likes this.
  4. sparky07

Foolish, I just made a backup of my apps using your idea. Thanks for the tip!

I figured out how to sync apps. Go to the appbrain site and select "apps on the phone" tab, check mark the apps you want to move to the phone then go to the "apps on Motorola Droid X" (or whatever phone you have). Then click sync on your phone.

kwaping likes this.
  5. badchevy

badchevy Member

I just received a replacement phone and did not think to make a "backup list" but luckily AppBrain is smart enough to know the phone is a different phone and listed "apps on the phone" as the old phone with all the apps and "apps on the Motorola Droid X" as my new phone which I copied the list and added.

6. JubbaTheHutt

Alright, well for whatever reason I can see all the apps I backed up before resetting my original X via the AppBrain website, but when I installed and signed into my account on my replacement X, non of those apps are listed.

How do I transfer all my apps to my new Droid X?

7. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

:D hey that was my idea you foolish mortal. LOL i'm sure I'm not the only one to think of this.

8. JubbaTheHutt

o_O

Something tells me you replied to the wrong thread.

Seriously, this shit is driving me nuts.

9. jreed2560

sorry jubba, I was in the right thread, I guess I should of quoted foolish mortal when I posted that. Sorry you're having so much trouble.

10. JubbaTheHutt

I can see my backup listing of apps when I'm logged into AppBrain, I just can't physically install them to my phone.

Any ideas?

Sidenote: No worries, I was just extremely confused.

11. jreed2560

ok do you have two folder set up in app brain? One that says apps on my X and one that says backup?

what you will want to do is move all the apps you want from the backup folder to the apps on my x folder. you can do this by checking the boxes on the apps you want to move and then click move from the top of the page

12. JubbaTheHutt

I have beaten you to this step already. I just don't see how I can transfer the apps listed in "Apps for Droid X" folder onto my actual phone, besides having to find each in the marketplace and install them one by one manually.

13. jreed2560

so when you go to the appbrain app on your phone, and you hit sync. After it syncs you don't have an option to perform installs?

14. JubbaTheHutt

That's just the thing. When I sync my apps, only the apps that have come preinstalled on the device show-up, none of which are located on my "Backup" folder in AppBrain.

This is probably confusing you jreed and a lot of other people :p

I just thought that the benefit of using AppBrain is that one could easily install all and any apps they sync up to the program with the click of a single button. Obviously I was mistaken and will probably have to manually install each app one by one :(

15. sparky07

That's what I thought, then I finally figured it out. You have to check the apps you want to move from "apps on the phone" then go to the "apps on Motorola Droid X". Then click sync on your phone and they should appear on the top screen. I tried it with a couple apps I wouldn't care if I lost and it worked, so then I moved the rest over.

16. voyageurs60

voyageurs60 Member

Read the complete thread - this aspect was not addressed. I have 1 PURCHASED app. Did a hard reset of my phone - AppBrain shows the paid for app under "Pending Change" - when I select the app to install, it asks for payment information. Do I have to put in all my credit card information and then it will realize that the app is already paid for?

Thanks - Dan

17. Sek0n

Sek0n Well-Known Member

You shouldn't have to buy an app again. It's connected to your Market account (your gmail account). So unless you used a different gmail account to setup the phone, it should let you reinstall it.

18. voyageurs60

voyageurs60 Member

Same gmail account - not working - I know it should work - what is wrong and solution is what is needed - know you are trying to help but your reply is wide of the mark...

19. Sek0n

Sek0n Well-Known Member

Was only "wide of the mark" because there wasn't any information to contradict my suggestion. :p Wouldn't have posted it otherwise.

What app is it? It could be a problem with the specific app. //Edit: Scratch that. It would be a problem with google checkout most likely.

Have you tried getting it from within the Market app instead of appbrain?

20. voyageurs60

voyageurs60 Member

If I purchased through AppBrain - would it still be eligible as a paid for app from the market place? Trying to figure out how this app thing works. Did not have an ipuke - and this is my first android phone... Thanks for the help - Dan

oops - application is - "WidgetLocker Lockscreen" by TeslaCoil Software

21. Sek0n

Sek0n Well-Known Member

I believe AppBrain just redirects you to the official market pages. So there shouldn't be a problem with getting it from the Market app as its essentially the same thing.

If it still says you need to buy it though, you may need to contact the app developer, or google about it.

TeslaCoil Software <-- Thats the dev's site if you need it.

22. 2horses

2horses Well-Known Member

Is showing as "purchased" on Appbrain? I have noticed a delay at times.depending on if you were on Appbrain on a pc when you bought it, or on the phone.

23. voyageurs60

voyageurs60 Member

Yes - AppBrain does show it as "Purchased"...

24. 2horses

2horses Well-Known Member

Did you get an email in your google account from google checkout? Also, not sure if you have done a sync from your phone to appbrain? And have you installed the latest updates for appbrain (just to make sure the app is working as it should) on your phone?