• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Re-install deleted bloatware?

so, I uninstalled some programs with Titanium Backup... and now I'm getting a force close (process com.google.process.gapps) every time I turn on the phone (happens only twice)... now, for some odd reason I can access the market, but it won't start downloading anything... just hangs at "Starting Download..." but won't proceed beyond that...

my question is how do I reinstall all these programs I uninstalled? Fortunately, I made a backup before I proceeded to uninstall, so I have the backups on my sdcard as TAR files, but I can't seem to figure out how to put them back on the phone to find the culprit... I'm guessing I'm gonna have to use adb shell, just don't know the commands to use... thanks for the help! :)

Joey

p.s. would going back to stock cl14 then rooting again save me the headaches?

so, I uninstalled some programs with Titanium Backup... and now I'm getting a force close (process com.google.process.gapps) every time I turn on the phone (happens only twice)... now, for some odd reason I can access the market, but it won't start downloading anything... just hangs at "Starting Download..." but won't proceed beyond that...

my question is how do I reinstall all these programs I uninstalled? Fortunately, I made a backup before I proceeded to uninstall, so I have the backups on my sdcard as TAR files, but I can't seem to figure out how to put them back on the phone to find the culprit... I'm guessing I'm gonna have to use adb shell, just don't know the commands to use... thanks for the help! :)

Joey

p.s. would going back to stock cl14 then rooting again save me the headaches?

i'm assuming you did a system backup and a data backup using max's recovery (since it's a tar)? if that's the case, just restore from your system backup and if you want your data (but i'm thinking it's more system based) using max's recovery. (boot into recovery and restore)

your other suggestion works too about going back to stock cl14 works as well, but this first way is probably better.

Upvote 0
well, I successfully reflashed cl14 but in the process, put the whole phone back to stock... so, starting from square on again, haha... but now I know better... at least market works, now... oh well, I guess I'm gonna get better as I go along... note to self: back up system/data BEFORE you start deleting programs :)

Joey

Upvote 0
On a related note, is there somewhere to download specific apps that were deleted? I didn't do any deleting myself, I just loaded a custom rom. I'd like to get the navigation back, is there a place to get it? Thanks.

I didn't think that I should start a new thread since this one is somewhat related. Sorry if that was stupid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones