• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Re-Installing Paid Apps

JamesJoey

May 2, 2012
I did a Factory data reset on my G2x and have lost 2 apps that I have paid for. After seaking with T-Moble and customer service with one of the apps I find that I need to re-download them a pay for them again. They're not expensive ($1.99 and $4.00).
After reinstalling them How do I back them up? How or can I back them up to my SD card. Do I need to back them up to my PC??

Any help will be appreciated,
James

James, Unforgiven is correct. As long as when you reset the phone and registered it to the same gmail account, those apps should be available to redownload from the market (Google Play Store) without paying again. If you got them from other sources like getjar or Amazon, you should contact the developer and let them know what happened. In any case you shouldn't pay twice for the same apps.

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
Yep, have a look at their forums. The longest thread on there is users asking without response for any information on updates. A full re-write was promised well over a year ago but it's gone strangely silent with only the odd message from the dev claiming its still being developed.

I dropped it for GO Launcher a year or so back and now use Nova. Both are light years ahead of LPP

Upvote 0
I ensure the minute i purchase an app i use backup software to back it up and that way it provides me with the apk of the app. Stashed away on my sd card are my apks as and when i need them! :)

Which may be prudent, especially if you flash new roms frequently, however I would like to point out that it only will work if you are rooted (for paid apps) and using those apps on a device not registered to the Google account that purchased them is technically piracy.

Upvote 0
Its for my own piece of mind really,plus all my apps i have purchased are stored under my Google account on the play store anyway :)

The app i use is my backup pro which is available on play store. This is a valid way to keep my installer files for when i wipe my phone every now and then. :D i must add i only did this recently since screwing up my phone and needing to install my few favourites quickly! If i upgrade my phone it would be better to re download as the version would be current and suitable for the device!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones