• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

re my ott box

re my ott box 4x 4 mxq box

• to my question

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • to my question

• issy86@hotmail.com

• Total voters
Impossible to answer. Try asking the people who sold you the box.
Ok the problem I have is I bought it off of a friend.Could you help me figure out then how to get my google play store and you tu be and kodi to work. google tells me connection error to retry and then when I try to go on google I get the security certificate thing and it won't let me go to google. Oh also my kodi is not working. as you see I need major help I have looked on line but I keep getting android help for phone where my issue is the tv android box. Will you be able to help me ???? Thank you for responding.

Reactions: mfmathis75
Upvote 0
Google Play services not working and how to fix, is pretty much the same if it's on a TV box, phone or a tablet. One thing with TV boxes though, they'll usually not keep the correct date and time if you power off or reboot them, and an incorrect date or time will prevent Google Play from connecting. If you got date and time set to automatically sync, then the TV box should correct itself in a few minutes, provided it has an Internet connection. And if you have it as manual, then you'll need to do this yourself every time you turn the box on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It looks like the time and date aren't set correctly - which is preventing you from using Google and any Google services.

If the time and date are set correctly try using this link to diagnose and repair Google Play Services...

https://www.androidpit.com/google-play-not-working
hi there why does it show a phone not a android box because I do not know where to find the time and date in the settings of the box.

Upvote 0
Google Play services not working and how to fix, is pretty much the same if it's on a TV box, phone or a tablet. One thing with TV boxes though, they'll usually not keep the correct date and time if you power off or reboot them, and an incorrect date or time will prevent Google Play from connecting. If you got date and time set to automatically sync, then the TV box should correct itself in a few minutes, provided it has an Internet connection. And if you have it as manual, then you'll need to do this yourself every time you turn the box on.
hi Where do I find the area to change time and date to make it stay on all the time please. will that fix me being able to go to you tube and connect ?

Upvote 0
You should find it in the settings under Date and Time, and then check the Automatic Date and Time option. I don't know your box and how it might have been skinned and modified over stock Android, but settings often has an icon that looks like a gear wheel. If necessary post some screen-shots, so we have a better idea of what you've actually got there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones