Re-Program My Hero?

Last Updated:

1. klockk

klockk Member This Topic's Starter

Well.... long story short...

Phone got flushed..
    I cleaned and dried phone out....
    I can get phont to boot to HBOOT Menu...

But phone will not boot itself.....
    If I just try the normal power on.. it shows the initial HTC screen, and every 4 seconds... reboots itself....

BUT.. I CAN get to the HBOOT screen, and it stays on just fine.. so I have to assume I am just missing some Boot Code or other SW that I need to force back into the phone..???

So... Anybody know how to get SOMETHIGN installed on this phone so it will work again?

I see when it is in the HBOOT Menu, it is looking for HERCDIAG or HERCIMG files...

Anybody can point me to the right place to potentially get a custom rom to load on this phone? Or how to get the stock 2.1 back on the phone?:mad::confused:

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

3. klockk

I'll try it again...
    This is a slightly updated revision from the one I tried...
    It went through the motions like it was doing it, but when it was done, and rebooted.. it was doign the same thing over again.....:eek:
    Like it is missing something at a lower level.....

Is there a way to reflash it from the SCard, so it loads what it needs from the SDCard? Or a means of rooting the phone from the HBoot menu?

4. klockk

Reapplied the RRU.... No go.... Went through the motions, but didn't do the trick...

Had to go to the FastBoot Menu... with it hooked up to the USB port of my PC, it changed to FastBoot USB... and the Update Software recognized it...

But, when everythign is said and done with it... it reboots, and just reboots over and over again every few seconds....

Would like to be able to run some diagnostics on it or somehting....

5. Kelmar

The only other thing can think of is to put the phone on rice and hope you didn't get all the water out.... Then use your insurance if you got it.

6. klockk

Well.... Got BestBuy to add insurance on it yesterday ;)
    I figure if nothing else works... Maybe I can get them to do something with it... though I don't think they cover submersion... it DOES say they cover "Spills" ... so who knows....

Just captured ROM.ZIP from the RUU.. goign to try to put that on the SCard and see what happens...

7. Kelmar

Good luck :)

8. lobug

lobug Banned

Hey Klock,

Same thing happened to my Hero. Well mine hangs on the htc boot screen. Any luck with what you did?