Re-rooting Jellybean Xoom

1. Bigdog999

Bigdog999 Active Member

I had my Xoom rooted before it took the Jellybean update. Lost it with the OTA update. Searching the forum, it doesn't look like any of the rooting programs are currently up to date and working. Is my assessment correct?

Advertisement
  2. pcgamer

pcgamer Well-Known Member

Well all root methods should work on the xoom. Doesn't matter what version of android it has. I can look for it, I might still have it.
  3. Bigdog999

Bigdog999 Active Member

That's what I mean, Paul1201. I went to xda-developers and that file isn't available anymore. Every link I follow ends up disabled.
  4. pcgamer

I'll upload it for you, just hold on a bit.
  5. Bigdog999

Bigdog999 Active Member

thank you pcgamer
  6. pcgamer

No Problem
  7. Bigdog999

Bigdog999 Active Member

OK snag time. I put the files on my SD card, put the recovery image in the same folder as adb. Started up a command prompt, CD to the folder where adb lies. I then run adb kill-server, and then adb start-server. Run adb reboot bootloader, all OK, skip the unlock step because it was unlock prior to the ota upgrade. Run adb fastboot reboot, OK, then do another a dB reboot boot loader and then try to flash the recovery. It then tells me that it was locked, so I go back to the beginning and unlock. It unlocks successfully, but afterwards I can't connect any longer with adb. Any thoughts
  8. pcgamer

Weird, keep trying I guess
    Try to start over, and skip unlock bootloader again?
  9. Bigdog999

Bigdog999 Active Member

Keeps saying adb is out of date. Hmmmm
  10. cranky_dan

cranky_dan Well-Known Member

A little late, i realize, but at this URL: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1242241&page=41, OP posted a JB compatible version of the file that was posted earlier in this thread.
    Just so that you know. Post 408, in case I messed up the url.

I have just gotten a Xoom mz604 return. After I powered it up it updated to 4.1.2, and I've been searching everywhere for jb-compatible root instructions.

Did you resolve your issue?

Dan