1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Re-scan: Media files are there but not accessibleSupport

1. richcb7

richcb7 Member

Yesterday I was listening to media files on my LG Esteem, but when I got up this morning the media player says there are "No Files." I can see the files are there with the file manager, but the media play can't see them.

This has been a recurring problem for a long time and the only way I have found to reset this is to reboot the phone.

Is there a way to fix this or rescan the media files so the media player can see them again?

Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. travioso

travioso Well-Known Member

Try UN mounting then mounting the sd card..
    LeeoJohnson likes this.
  3. trygunzy

trygunzy Well-Known Member

My phone does this every once in a while. only way I known to fix is rebooting or unmounting.
    Sometimes i just go into my file manager delete a file I don't use then it works.
  4. travioso

travioso Well-Known Member

After you delete a file it rescans..
  5. trygunzy

trygunzy Well-Known Member

Yea I know they all pretty much do the same things.
  6. richcb7

richcb7 Member

Is there a way to un-mount the SD card with the phone powered up? Everything I've read it has to be powered down. If so, that makes both methods pretty much doing the same action.
  7. nailzer

nailzer Well-Known Member

What media player are you using? I use Rescan Media mainly to keep the media scan turned off. I use Jetaudio Plus as my media player. I do a scan with it and it builds a list of songs that never gets deleted unless you delete them. The new songs I add never need the Android media scan running to be found.
  8. LeeoJohnson

LeeoJohnson Well-Known Member

menu > settings > storage/sd card > unmount sd card