Re-theming. What do you use? and does it slow down the phone?

Last Updated:

1. Rhysd2

Rhysd2 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jan 11, 2010

Been looking over the phandroid article on the various theming apps. I had a bit of a play with them but thought I'd ask you guys what you were using.

The two I had a quick play with were home++ and pandahome. I liked the quick access home++ gave me to things but didnt like the fact it didnt have much in the way of visual customisations.

I liked the shortcut bars either side of each pandahome screen but most themes I downloaded for it didnt seem the right resolution for the nexus.

I've also heard that the themes like pandahome can slow the phone down.

So Im curious which do you guys use if any? and are there theming options in home++ im missing?

Do you find theming programs slow the phone down? and can you recommend some themes that are ok for the nexus?

Also is it possible to change the default icons just under the regular phone settings?

2. what29

what29 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    i personally use Home++ because i like the icons at the bottom of the page. I have also used GDE which is second on my list due to the cube animation. If Home++ put in a cube animation that would be my clear #1. Also Home++ needs to add an icon to the power strip for texting, that makes no sense that there is not one built in. Have also tried aHome but not nearly as good as the previous two in my mind.