• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Read any good books lately?

Of Mice and Men..........................Enjoyed
River of Doubt..............................Enjoyed (Slow to start, but it get's pretty good when they hit the river)
The Art of Racing In the Rain..........Thoroughly Enjoyed. Highly recommended.
Alice in Wonderland.......................Enjoyed
The Wizard of Oz..........................Enjoyed
The Tragedy of Pudd'nhead Wilson...Enjoyed
Tom Sawyer................................Enjoyed
Huckleberry Finn...........................Enjoyed

Oh, and all free, either from my local library or from Project Gutenberg - free ebooks online download for iPad, Kindle, Nook, Android, iPhone, iPod Touch, Sony Reader

Free books, but must be out of copyright.

So, what have you read and where did you get it?

I read all the time a few really good books I read lately are

Jonathan Maberry Joe Ledger Series

First Book in the Series
Amazon.com: Patient Zero: A Joe Ledger Novel (9780312382858): Jonathan Maberry: Books

Z. A. Recht The Morningstar Strain Series (which was recently completed amazing zombie series highly recommended)

First Book in the Series (of 4)
Amazon.com: Plague of the Dead: The Morningstar Saga (9781439176733): Z.A. Recht: Books

Eric Lowther Area 187 - Almost Hell

This was also a zombie book but was different it was pretty amazing and a good read
Area 187 - Almost Hell: Eric Lowther: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

Mark Tufo Zombie Fall Out Series

This was a series i stumbled on by accident. I was short cash and was looking for a cheap read when I found this book. At first I hated the writing style but by the end of the book I was hooked. He is now easily one of my favorite authors of all time.

Link to the first book
Zombie Fallout: Mark Tufo: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

Max Brooks World War Z

Easily one of the best Zombie books out there.
World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War: Max Brooks: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

Upvote 0
Some stuff I've read recently:

The Hunger Games/Catching Fire/Mockingjay .. Really enjoyed this series
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo/Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest/Who Played with Fire .. Really enjoyed this series as well
Divergent/Insurgent .. Pretty good
The Maze Runner .. Read the first book and I enjoyed it. Looking forward to reading the other books

And I'm currently reading Game of Thrones. I'm really enjoying this book so far. I've watched the show before starting the book, but I found that I had a hard time remembering who was who and how everyone was connected.

Upvote 0
I read all the time a few really good books I read lately are

Jonathan Maberry Joe Ledger Series

First Book in the Series
Amazon.com: Patient Zero: A Joe Ledger Novel (9780312382858): Jonathan Maberry: Books

Z. A. Recht The Morningstar Strain Series (which was recently completed amazing zombie series highly recommended)

First Book in the Series (of 4)
Amazon.com: Plague of the Dead: The Morningstar Saga (9781439176733): Z.A. Recht: Books

Eric Lowther Area 187 - Almost Hell

This was also a zombie book but was different it was pretty amazing and a good read
Area 187 - Almost Hell: Eric Lowther: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

Mark Tufo Zombie Fall Out Series

This was a series i stumbled on by accident. I was short cash and was looking for a cheap read when I found this book. At first I hated the writing style but by the end of the book I was hooked. He is now easily one of my favorite authors of all time.

Link to the first book
Zombie Fallout: Mark Tufo: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

Max Brooks World War Z

Easily one of the best Zombie books out there.
World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War: Max Brooks: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

You, uh, like zombies? ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones