• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Read msgs using Exchange & Droid Stock Email App

crankerchick

Android Enthusiast
Dec 30, 2009
I have my droid getting pushed mail from an exchange server but when I read the message from a different email client, it remains unread on the Droid until I bring the Email application back to the foreground and the phone syncs to the exchange server. This means the notification in the notification bar persists as well.

This doesn't happen with Gmail--when I read a message from a browser (any browser), the notification on the phone goes away and the message is marked read also. I don't have to open the app to get it to sync with the server to show the msg marked read and clear the notification.

It's like the Email application on the phone isn't syncing until a messages is pushed to the phone or when I go to the app. It's annoying because I pick up the phone later and see the notification but then when I click it, it's just old mail that already read that first shows up unread and then goes to read (or deleted) once it syncs.

Is there a way to fix this? Is it because the server isn't pushing to the phone that the message has been read, or is the phone just not clearing the notification?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones