• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Read Receipts

YoVaderx79

Lurker
Sep 25, 2012
Is there any way to make it possible to get Read Receipts? Not for email, I mean for messaging (Texts) I know iPhones have it and it bothers me that the gs3 doesn't, it's the little things you know? Anyways, if there isn't we should get Samsung/Android to release an update to the gs3 for read receipts.

Note that some providers charge for delivery reports - the Three network in the UK charges 1p per report. Took me agaes to realise why my bills always came out more expensive than I exected as I assumed delivery reports were free.

Btw the iphone only does delivery and/or read receipts on imessage's which is proprietry to apple. They do not do it on sms messages so I'd argue android has the better approach. Try something like whatsapp if you're looking for an imessage replacement which works cross platform

Reactions: John P
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones