Reading E-Mails QuestionSupport

Last Updated:

1. Puddin422

Puddin422 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I can't seem to find a way to change this. By default, when you have an e-mail open, and you delete that e-mail, it automatically opens and shows you your next e-mail.

Is there a way to make it go back to your Inbox instead of going to the next message?

If not, I'll just delete from the Inbox. Just curious. I can work around it. :)

Advertisement
  2. rmingee

rmingee Well-Known Member

Funny, the Pre did the opposite, and I always wanted it to work the way you describe. So I guess I'll be happy with that aspect of the move :).

-- robert

3. Puddin422

Haha, that figures! See, my husband and I share an e-mail account. We run two businesses plus have all of our personal e-mail going to that one address. So if I read something important, even if I go back and mark it unread, AOL.com will goof it up. Unread is bold, read but saved new is unbold but still in the inbox. I need it to stay bold so everybody knows it's there and hasn't been read.

Clear as mud? lol

4. aminaked

aminaked Well-Known Member

K9 which is free from the market has the ability to choose what to do after deleting a message...either going back to the Inbox or going to the next message.

5. Puddin422

I'll try it. Thanks.

6. rmingee

rmingee Well-Known Member

Does K9 also allow you to customize the folder list? I have a lot of folders on my IMAP account, but only a few I would ever access on the phone, and the default client organizes alphabetically. I know it's free, so I could try it, but I figured you might know off the top of your head and save me the setup time :). That's really the only thing that annoys me about the default client so far.

Thanks,
    -- robert

7. aminaked

aminaked Well-Known Member

Yes, K9 allows you to set what folders to view & sync.

It orders alphabetically too but you can select folders to appear at the top of the list.