Reading Tags on aac-encoded m4a Files

Last Updated:

1. dmj2012

dmj2012 Member This Topic's Starter

I have a t-mobile myTouch.

Much of my music collection on my comp is in the form of aac-encoded m4a files. Most of the the files are from CDs I ripped with iTunes, not purchased, so DRM isn't an issue. I also have mp3tag installed, which I use to edit file tags, and I have foobar2000, which is a great "swiss army knife" for dealing with audio files.

When I drag and drop albums to the phone, the music player recognizes the album names, but not the song titles or artist. I tried Mixzing that I read about in another thread here, but that has the same issue. I tried changing the file structure, putting album folders inside folders that had the artist names, but that didn't do anything.

I tried installing DoubleTwist on my comp to sync with the device, but it didn't do anything to fix the issue either, and I don't really like the software.

According to mp3tag, the tag type is MP4.

I wouldn't call myself a total power user, but I'm pretty tech savvy and know my way around computers fairly well. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty or use beta software if needed.

Any suggestions?

edit: Tried installing MediaMonkey on my PC and used it to sync a folder. Same issue.

edit2: tried the sendtodevice plugin for foobar. Same problem.

edit3: tried the Optimize MP4 Layout option in mp3tag (with a folder directly on the SDcard). No love.

edit4: It's not even reading the album names - it's guessing from the folder name. I can tell because one on the albums has an underscore in it that's in the folder but not in the tag (it's a colon in the tag).

Help!

Advertisement