• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ready for fresh 1.1 but one lasr question

Yeah I personally don't foresee any permanent block on the ability to root. Someone will always find a way.

I will go back to stock at least at first. That's the exciting part, something new to play with. Then as the Roms mature over a few days I will get back to rooting and flashing. Who knows, I think my plans will fall subject to emotions when the update ACTUALLY gets released.

Upvote 0
i have a question i want to start all over rooting and all that so if i unroot my phone will it undo my apps2sd?
that's a good question. But I think when you do the RUU it's going to reset all the special permissions, I think even if your apps are on your SD they will be useless.

There is a thread on XDA about reversing apps2sd, I might check that first, but it might be a waste if the RUU is going to erase your data.

Anyway, I'm obviously not real sure so wait for a bit more advice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones