Ready to flash Froyo: Can I get some pointers?

Last Updated:

1. SkinJob

SkinJob Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'd like to get the correct (and best) Froyo update for my HTC Desire, so I was hoping for someone to point me in the right direction. I have a branded HTC Desire from TELUS Canada (which I believe uses an SLCD screen), using HSPA on 2.1 Android. I plan to use the 8GB SD card that came with it, for the Gold Card. I know that if I don't flash with the right update I'm screwed. (ie. One member here wrote: "...the radio firmware on the RUU would be for a GSM phone and would probably BRICK a CDMA phone!!!! SORRY!"). :eek: So in consideration....

1. Is there an RUU that is meant (or proven) to be compatible with my HSPA Desire from Telus Canada? Is the Froyo update posted here correct for my Telus, or is it outdated now?:

177907-froyo-2-09-405-8-update-windows-not-required.html

Or is this more recently updated one better? It says "Bravo" and I have a Desire?:

RUU_Bravo_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.10.405.2_R_Radio_32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2_release_142828_signed.exe

This one on XD-Dev forum appears more recent, but it mentions "EU" and I'm in Canada?:

OTA_Bravo_HTC_EU_2.10.405.2-2.09.405.8_releaseol2djq7rqarka2ka.zip

2. Do I need to do or configure anything after flashing an unbranded update, to get it working with my Telus carrier again? Has flashing Froyo with an unbranded RUU worked for anyone using a Telus Desire?

Thanks for any assistance! :D

Advertisement