• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ready to root, but what happened here?

majorpay

Apr 24, 2010
Ok, I have the new recovery img, the PB00IMG zip, the ic3 rom, my adb drivers installed, I get a $ sign when I type in adb shell (but didn't say anything about the device that was connected?), but the next step is to start moving crap to my phone... This is the problem... Where is my device in Windows?

Windows 7 x64

Disregard, kinda... I still want to know why you can't access the SD card from windows, but I went ahead and ftp'ed the necessary files to my phone, went through the rest of the rooting process pretty much flawlessly, and installed the IC3 rom (which has the most awesome boot screen in the world :p), so we are all good to go now.

For anyone who cares, [Recovery] [17-Mar-2010] RA-eris-v1.6.2 - xda-developers the standard link for the recovery file is corrupt (46k). Only the mirror downloads the full file (3.8M).

Upvote 0
I can ls the contents of the drive from the adb shell, I just can't see it on the my computer list?

edit: it adds a 5th usb device drive, but I cannot open it

dumb question, but did you do this:

alt (Settings -> Connect to PC -> Default connection type)

Connect_to_PC-Disk_drive.png

(Back in the bad old days of 1.5 and Windows Xp, you would observe a nearly identical behavior - a USB disk drive would "appear" in the File Explorer, but the contents would appear to be blank - until you explicitly "mounted" the SD card to the PC from the phone menus. You might have already done this; apologies in advance if you have)

Reactions: majorpay
Upvote 0
Disregard, kinda... I still want to know why you can't access the SD card from windows, but I went ahead and ftp'ed the necessary files to my phone, went through the rest of the rooting process pretty much flawlessly, and installed the IC3 rom (which has the most awesome boot screen in the world :p), so we are all good to go now.

Excellent!

For anyone who cares, [Recovery] [17-Mar-2010] RA-eris-v1.6.2 - xda-developers the standard link for the recovery file is corrupt (46k). Only the mirror downloads the full file (3.8M).

Thanks, that's a perfect example of how MD5 checksums prevent disaster. Don't leave home without them!

eu1

Edit: I just checked the DL' from the rapidshare link

-rw-r--r-- 1 user user 3926016 2010-06-03 21:50 recovery-RA-eris-v1.6.2.img
e3932991f097993602af3c7a4b61a4f8 recovery-RA-eris-v1.6.2.img

seems OK to me. Maybe just a one-time hiccup?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones