Ready to root...I think?

Last Updated:

1. xkingofgodzx

xkingofgodzx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a few questions that im sure have been answered here before. I know what root is and what it can do, that is why i said im ready to do it. The only thing im worried about is losing all my data. If i do root will i lose all my contacts, apps, general data that i have had on it since i received the phone? That is the big thing for me, most of my pics and other things are on my sd card, will i lose those? Sorry if this has been posted a million times, i just want to know what im getting myself into before i root.

Advertisement
  2. TheWhiteBandito

TheWhiteBandito Well-Known Member

If you use unrevoked, you keep everything. Nothing is erased. Your phone and SD card are exactly the same except now you have Superuser Permissions and Clockworkmod recovery! Good luck!

3. xkingofgodzx

xkingofgodzx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What about when i unroot? will i only lose data i gained while i was rooted? or everything? thanks for the help.

4. TheWhiteBandito

TheWhiteBandito Well-Known Member

If you unroot, you WILL lose everything that is on your phone, but it won't touch your SD Card. So sync your contacts with Google and make sure your pictures are on your sd card. Also, any apps you downloaded/bought will be available for redownload from the app store.

xkingofgodzx likes this.
  5. mrjinglesusa

mrjinglesusa Well-Known Member

And if you use a backup program (I use MyBackupPro), free apps can be restored so you don't need to redownload - only need to redownload purchased apps.

xkingofgodzx likes this.